Grey’s Anatomy is a hit series that you should watch sometime!
Τhough the series Grey’s Anatomy we have watched Gr.Merith become a huge success and from an intern she turned into a great doctor but struggled a lot. Love, dram, serious cases of patients are some of the main things you will see in the series.
So, if you are home and you don’t know what to do, watche Grey’s Anatomy and enjoy!
These are some facts about the show:
- Grey’s Anatomy premiered on March 27, 2005 on ABC.
- The fictional series focuses on the lives of surgical interns, residents, and attending physicians, as they develop into seasoned doctors while trying to maintain personal lives and relationships.
- The title is a play on Gray’s Anatomy, a classic human anatomy textbook first published in 1858 in London and written by Henry Gray.
- Shonda Rhimes is the creator of the series.
- The series is set in Seattle but it is filmed primarily in Los Angeles, California.
- The series was designed to be racially diverse and used color-blind casting.
- Ellen Pompeo plays Dr. Meredith Grey, which is one of the main characters of the series.
- The original cast consisted of nine star-billed actors: Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Justin Chambers, T. R. Knight, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr., Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey.
- Through the series we have seen a lot of changes when it comes to the cast.
- In its fourteenth season, the show had a large ensemble of fourteen actors, including four characters from the original cast.
- The 15th season premiered on September 27, 2018.
- Since its inception, the show has been described by the media outlets as a television “phenomenon” or a “juggernaut”, owing to its longevity and dominant ratings.
- Grey’s Anatomy is the longest-running scripted primetime show currently airing on ABC.
- Grey’s Anatomy has won a number of awards such as ten Golden Globe Awards and five People’s Choice Awards for Best Drama.
- We have seen spin-offs of the series like Private Practice and Station 19.