Emily Browning is an Australian actress and singer. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Emily Jane Browning.
2. She was born 7 December 1988.
3. Emily Browning was born in Melbourne, Victoria, the daughter of Andrew and Shelley Browning.
4. She attended Hurstbridge Learning Co-op and Eltham High School. Browning has two younger brothers, Nicholas and Matthew
5. Browning’s debut acting role was in the 1998 Hallmark Channel movie The Echo of Thunder.
6. Additional roles in Australian film and television productions soon followed, including recurring roles in the television series Blue Heelers from 2000 to 2002, and Something in the Air from 2000 to 2001.
7. In 2001, Browning appeared as the daughter of a character played by Billy Connolly in The Man Who Sued God.
8. She made her American film debut in 2002’s Ghost Ship, and won an Australian Film Institute Award for Best Young Actress, the same year.
9. In 2003, she appeared opposite Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom in 2003’s Ned Kelly, and then reunited with Connolly the following year in the film adaptation of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, in which she played Violet Baudelaire.
10. In 2006, Browning appeared in the music video for Evermore’s “Light Surrounding You”.
10. She attended the L’Oreal Fashion Festival as a festival ambassador on 1 February 2007
11. In 2012, she replaced English actress Ophelia Lovibond as the female lead in the film Summer in February.
12. The film is based on the book of the same title, by Jonathan Smith. The film was filmed in Cornwall alongside Dominic Cooper and Dan Stevens.
13. In July 2012, Browning was cast in God Help the Girl, a musical film by Belle and Sebastian front-man Stuart Murdoch.
14. Browning played Eve, and the role required live singing. Filming on the production began on 8 July 2012 and wrapped on 12 August 2012.
15. Browning was then cast in Catherine Hardwicke’s Plush alongside Cam Gigandet,replacing Evan Rachel Wood (who was originally attached to the project) due to scheduling conflicts.
16. Browning also starred alongside Xavier Samuel whom she met on the set during filming. Magic Magic, directed by Sebastián Silva, screened at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. Film.com designated the film as a “Top Pick”.
17. Browning starred in the 2014 film Pompeii, opposite Kit Harington, best known for Game of Thrones. The project was filmed in Toronto and the actual city of Pompeii itself.
18. Browning took a break from filming on Pompeii, and returned home to Australia to film a music video directed by Guy Franklin for the song “No Matter What You Say” by the San Francisco-based band Imperial Teen. The video follows Browning as the lead character, conducting a ‘live art-piece
19. Angeles to fulfill the boy’s lifelong dream of killing his idol Elvis Presley, who appears as a supporting character.
20. Luke Grimes and Avan Jogia co-star.
21. The same year, she appeared in Years & Years’s Take Shelter music video.
22. In 2015, Browning starred in the biopic crime thriller movie Legend, alongside Tom Hardy, who portrayed twin brothers Reggie and Ronnie Kray.
23. She portrayed Frances Shea, the first wife of Reggie Kray
24.Em Browning was cast in American Gods as Laura Moon.
25. Neil Gaiman, author of the novel, said, “I’ve been fascinated by Emily Browning since A Series of Unfortunate Events. She has a challenge ahead of her: Laura is a tricky character, and the Laura on the screen is even trickier and more dangerous than the one on the page. She’s going to have a wonderful time bringing Laura to life”