Ed Westwick is an English actor and musician, best known for his role as Chuck Bass on The CW’s teen television drama series Gossip Girl (2007–2012).
Let’s find out some fun facts about the actor!
1. Edward Jack Peter “Ed” Westwick was born 1987 in Hammersmith, London, and raised in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
2. He is the third and youngest child of Carole (née Blenkiron), an educational psychologist, and Peter Westwick, a university lecturer.
3. He has two older brothers.
4. He began music lessons and attended a Saturday morning drama school from the age of six.
5. Westwick was educated at The Barclay School and North Hertfordshire College, where he took A-levels in business, law, and communication.
6. He later trained at the National Youth Theatre in London.
7. Westwick made his film debut in Breaking and Entering (2006), following an open audition casting call sent to the National Youth Theatre.
8. He went on to guest star in the British television series Doctors as Holden, Casualty as Johnny Cullin, and Afterlife as Darren.
9. He also had a minor role in the film Children of Men (2006). He commented, “I needed to get some experience. I needed to be on set, in front of the camera.”
10. He has since appeared in the films Breaking and Entering (2006), Son of Rambow (2007), S. Darko (2009), Chalet Girl (2011), J. Edgar (2011), Romeo and Juliet (2013), Bone in the Throat (2015), Freaks of Nature (2015), and Billionaire Ransom (2016). He currently plays Vincent Swan in the BBC Two television comedy series White Gold (2017).
11. Westwick shared an apartment with his Gossip Girl co-star Chace Crawford in the Chelsea neighbourhood of Manhattan from the beginning of the series in 2007 until July 2009, when Crawford moved out.
12. He dated his Gossip Girl co-star Jessica Szohr from 2008 until 2010.
13. Westwick moved to Los Angeles after Gossip Girl ended.
14. He is a keen Chelsea FC supporter.