Dave Franco is an American television and film actor.
Let’s find out some fun facts about her!
1. Dave Franco was born June 12, 1985 in Palo Alto, California.
2. He is the son of Betsy Lou (née Verne), a poet, author, and editor, and Douglas Eugene “Doug” Franco (1948–2011), who ran a Silicon Valley business.
3. The two met as students at Stanford University.
4. Franco’s father was of Portuguese (from Madeira) and Swedish descent.
5. Franco’s mother is Jewish (from a family of Russian Jewish ancestry, with her parents having changed the surname from “Verovitz” to “Verne”); Dave has stated that he is “proud” to be Jewish.
6. Franco’s paternal grandmother, Marjorie (Peterson) Franco, is a published author of young adult books.
7. Franco’s maternal grandmother, Mitzie (Levine) Verne, owned the Verne Art Gallery, a prominent art gallery in Cleveland, and was an active member in the National Council of Jewish Women.
8. Franco grew up in California with his two older brothers, Tom and James.
9. He studied at the University of Southern California, and originally envisioned himself as a high-school teacher teaching creative writing, until his brother James Franco’s manager guided him to a theater class when he was a sophomore, where he started learning acting skills.
10. He began his career with small roles in films such as Superbad and Charlie St. Cloud, before making his breakthrough performance in the 2012 buddy comedy 21 Jump Street.
11. He has also had roles in Fright Night, Now You See Me, Now You See Me 2, Warm Bodies, Neighbors, Nerve and on the ninth season of the series Scrubs.
12. He is the youngest of the three brothers Tom Franco and James Franco.
13. Franco has been dating actress Alison Brie since 2012.
14. In August 2015, the couple became engaged.
15. On March 13, 2017, representatives for the couple confirmed that they had gotten married in a private ceremony.