Dakota Fanning is an American actress and model. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her first name is Hannah.
2. She was born on February 23, 1994.
3. Dakota Fanning was born in Conyers, Georgia. She attended Montessori School of Covington.
4. Her mother, Heather Joy played tennis professionally, and her father, Steven J. Fanning, played minor league baseball and now works as an electronics salesman in Los Angeles, California.
5. Her maternal grandfather is former American football player Rick Arrington, and her aunt is former ESPN reporter Jill Arrington.
6. Dakota is the older sister of Elle Fanning, also an actress.
7. Dakota Fanning has English, French, German and Irish ancestry.
8. She and her family are Southern Baptist.
9. When Fanning was a small child, she was an actress at the Towne Lake Arts Center in Woodstock, Georgia starring in small plays, then in 1999, Fanning began acting at the age of five after appearing on a Tide commercial.
10. Her first significant acting job was a guest role in the NBC prime-time drama ER, which remains one of her favorite roles
11. In 2001, Fanning was chosen to star opposite Sean Penn in the movie I Am Sam, the story of a mentally challenged man who fights for the custody of his daughter. Her role in the film made Fanning the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award, being seven years of age at the time.
12. She also won the Best Young Actor/Actress award from the Broadcast Film Critics Association for her performance.
13. Kris Kristofferson has reported that she is like Bette Davis reincarnated.
14. During the summer of 2006, Fanning worked on the film Hounddog, described in press reports as a “dark story of abuse, violence and Elvis Presley adulation in the rural South.” Dakota Fanning’s parents have been criticized for allowing her to film a scene in which her character is raped. However, Fanning defended the film by saying to Reuters, “It’s not really happening. It’s a movie, and it’s called acting.
15. In the same year, at the age of twelve, she was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, becoming the youngest member in the Academy’s history.
16. Later that year, she was ranked 4th in Forbes list of “Top Earning Stars Aged Under 21”, having earned an estimated $4 million in 2006.
17. In March 2008, upon the original creation of the film adaptation Dakota and Elle Fanning were cast to play Kate and Anna respectively in the film My Sister’s Keeper. However, when Dakota heard that she would be required to shave her head for the role, she dropped out of the film as then did Elle.
18. Dakota Fanning also became the face of Marc Jacobs’ Oh, Lola! perfume campaign, but the ad was banned in the UK as the Advertising Standards Authority judged that “the ad could be seen to sexualize a child.
19. In June 2011, Fanning graduated from Campbell Hall School in Studio City, California, where she participated on the varsity spirit cheerleading squad and was voted homecoming queen.
20. Since 2011, she has attended New York University.
21. Fanning began dating British model Jamie Strachan in 2013.