Anna Paquin is a Canadian-born New Zealand actesss. She is best known for her role at “True Blood” series. Let’ see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her middle name is Helene.
2. She was born on July 24, 1982.
3. She was born inin Manitoba and brought up in Wellington, New Zealand.
4. Anna Paquin has two older siblings: Andrew (born 1977), a director, and Katya (born 1980), whose partner is the Green Party of New Zealand’s former co-leader Russel Norman.
5. Anna Paquin’s family moved to New Zealand when she was four.
6. She attended the Raphael House Rudolf Steiner School until she was eight or nine.
7. Her musical childhood hobbies in New Zealand included playing the viola, cello and piano.
8. She also participated in gymnastics, ballet, swimming and downhill skiing, though she did not have any hobbies related to acting.
9. While in New Zealand, Paquin attended Hutt Intermediate School (1994–95).
10. Having begun her secondary education in Wellington at Wellington Girls’ College, she completed her high school diploma at Windward School in Los Angeles, after moving to the U.S. with her mother following her parents’ divorce (1995).
11. She graduated from Windward School in June 2000 and completed the school’s Community Service requirement by working in a soup kitchen and at a Special Education Centre.
12. She studied at Columbia University for one year but has since been on a leave of absence to continue her acting career.
13. Director Jane Campion was looking for a little girl to play a main role in The Piano, set to film in New Zealand, and a newspaper advertisement was run announcing an open audition.
14. Anna Paquin’s sister read the ad and went to try out with a friend; this inspired Paquin to also audition.
15. When Campion met Paquin—whose only acting experience had been as a skunk in a school play—she was very impressed with the nine-year-old’s performance of the monologue about Flora’s father, and she was chosen from among the 5000 candidates.
16. When The Piano was released in 1993 it was lauded by critics, won prizes at a number of film festivals, and eventually became a popular film among a wide audience.
17. Anna Paquin’s debut performance in the film earned her the 1993 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress at the age of 11, making her the second-youngest Oscar winner in history, behind Tatum O’Neal.
18. In 1996, she appeared in two films. The first role was as young Jane in Jane Eyre. The other was a lead part in Fly Away Home playing a young girl who, after her mother dies, moves in with her father and finds solace in taking care of orphaned goslings.
19. As a teenager, she had roles in films, including A Walk on the Moon, Amistad, Hurlyburly, She’s All That and Almost Famous.
20. Anna Paquin played the mutant superheroine Rogue in the Marvel Comics movie X-Men in 2000, its sequel X2 in 2003, and its third installment, X-Men: The Last Stand, in 2006.
21. Anna Paquin played the mutant superheroine Rogue in the Marvel Comics movie X-Men in 2000,its sequel X2 in 2003, and its third installment, X-Men: The Last Stand, in 2006.
22. On 5 August 2009, Paquin announced her engagement to her True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer, whom she had been dating since filming the series pilot in 2007.
23. They married on 21 August 2010 at a private residence in Malibu, California.
24. Anna Paquin and Moyer have a son, Charlie, and a daughter, Poppy, who are fraternal twins born in September 2012.
25. Through her marriage to Moyer, Paquin also has a stepson, Billy (born in 2000), and a stepdaughter, Lilac (born in 2002).
26. The family resides in Venice, Los Angeles, California.
27. On 1 April 2010, Paquin came out as bisexual in a public service announcement for the Give a Damn campaign as part of the True Colours Fund, an advocacy group organized by Cyndi Lauper dedicated to LGBT equality.
28. The True Colours Fund was created to “inspire and engage everyone, especially straight people, to become active participants in the advancement of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality”.
29. The video features Anna Paquin stating, “I’m Anna Paquin. I’m bisexual, and I give a damn”. When asked about her participation in the video, Paquin responded by saying, “It wasn’t like it was a big secret, it was just a cause I cared about and privately supported, but not one that I had ever had an opportunity to speak out about in a way that would be useful. Obviously I know that one person’s voice doesn’t necessarily do that much, but I just wanted to do my bit.”
30. In May 2012, in an Us Weekly interview Paquin rejected the notion that bisexuality is a choice. “My sexuality is not made up, for a bisexual, it’s not about gender. That’s not the deciding factor to who they’re attracted to,” stated Paquin.
31. Anna Paquin also supports other charities and foundations such as the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Elton John AIDS Foundation, and The Art of Elysium.
32. Anna Paquin won the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama in 2009 and was nominated for an additional Golden Globe Award in 2010, as well as three Saturn Awards and a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2010