Amanda Bynes is an American former actress.
Let’s see some intriguing facts about her!
1. Amanda Laura Bynes was born April 3, 1986 in Thousand Oaks, California.
2. She the youngest of three children of Lynn Bynes, a dental assistant and office manager, and Rick Bynes, a dentist.
3. Her father is Catholic, and is of Irish, Lithuanian, and Polish descent.
4. Her mother is Jewish (from a family from Romania, Russia, and Poland).
5. Bynes’ maternal grandparents are Canadians from Toronto, Ontario.
6. Bynes attended a comedy camp, and began professionally acting at the age of 7, appearing in a television advertisement for Buncha Crunch candies.
7. During her childhood, she also appeared on stage in versions of Annie, The Secret Garden, The Music Man, and The Sound of Music.
8. Bynes rose to prominence as a child star in the late 1990s and early 2000s on the Nickelodeon series All That and The Amanda Show.
9. From 2002 to 2006, she starred in the sitcom What I Like About You on The WB. She has also starred in several films, including What a Girl Wants (2003), She’s the Man (2006), Hairspray (2007), Sydney White (2007), and Easy A (2010).
10. In 2012, Bynes announced that she was retiring from acting.
11. In September 2012, Bynes said that she would instead focus on launching her career as a fashion designer.
12. In December 2013, Bynes enrolled at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Irvine for 2014.
13. In 2007, Bynes described herself as Jewish, and also stated: “As far as religion, I was raised both. I learned about both Judaism and Catholicism. My parents said it was up to me to decide [which faith to adhere to] when I grew up. I’m sort of a spiritual person anyway. I haven’t decided yet on a religion. I don’t know yet exactly what I believe.”
14. Bynes is interested in illustration and fashion design.
15. She has previously had her own fashion line sold nationwide, and moved from Los Angeles to New York in order to facilitate her fashion career.
16. In 2008, Bynes briefly dated Seth MacFarlane after voicing a character in an episode of MacFarlane’s show Family Guy.