You can read them in the following list: 1. Creed is a 2015 American sports drama film, directed by Ryan Coogler and written by Coogler and Aaron Covington.
2. The film stars Michael B. Jordan as Adonis Johnson Creed, Apollo’s son, with Sylvester Stallone reprising the role of Rocky Balboa.
3. It also features Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashād, Tony Bellew, and Graham McTavish.
4. It is the seventh Rocky film, both a spin-off from the original series and a sequel to 2006’s Rocky Balboa.
5. The film reunites Jordan with Fruitvale Station writer/director Coogler, and with Wood Harris, whom Jordan worked with on The Wire.
6. Filming began on January 19, 2015 in Liverpool, and later also took place in Philadelphia, Rocky’s home.
7. Creed was released in the United States on November 25, 2015, the fortieth anniversary of the date of the opening scene in the original Rocky.
8. It received acclaim from critics, who called it the best Rocky film in many years.
9. For his performance, Stallone was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, his first such nomination since the original Rocky film 39 years earlier.
10. He also won the National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor and the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture, his first Golden Globe.
11. The musical score for Creed was written by Swedish composer Ludwig Göransson, who is only the third composer in the history of the Rocky series, following Bill Conti (Rocky I, II, III, V, and Balboa) and Vince DiCola (Rocky IV). Creed also features a soundtrack that consists mostly of music new to the series, including hip hop tracks by artists such as Future, Meek Mill, and White Dave.
12. As of January 19, 2016, Creed has grossed $107.6 million in North America and $30.2 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $137.8 million, against a budget of $35 million.
13. While training, Adonis wears a shirt with the message “Why do I wanna fight? Because I can’t sing and dance…” This was a line from Rocky to Adrian on their ice skating date in the first film of the series.
14. This is the first film in the “Rocky” series that is not written by Sylvester Stallone (Rocky Balboa).
15. In the filming of this movie, Sylvester Stallone had to break up a fight between two other boxers.
16. Michael B. Jordan credits Sylvester Stallone with putting him at ease while he joined a cinematic legacy. “Sly did the biggest thing for me, which was to take that pressure off of me… to not worry about competing or living up to what the other Rocky films were – just to be myself.”
17. The Everton v West Brom game where some of the crowd shots were filmed was a Monday night. Sylvester Stallone is a big Everton Fan and asked fans if they wanted to participate in the film.
18. Sylvester Stallone stated on Morning Call that he wants to follow this character and to do more Rocky in the Creed sequels.
19. Following in the tradition of his father Apollo, Adonis is named after a character in Greek mythological history. Whereas Apollo was named after the Greek sun god, Adonis is named after the demi-god of beauty and desire.
20. The longest film in the Rocky series.
21. Throughout multiple scenes Michael B. Jordan can be seen wearing a jacket with XXIV on the back. This is a Kobe Bryant branded Nike jacket and he is a legend from the city of Philadelphia.
22. Adrian’s Restaurant scene was filmed at The Victor Cafe in Philadelphia.
23. Sylvester Stallone was initially apprehensive about revisiting. “I said, ‘No, no, no’. It was a struggle to get the last one done and I was so happy with Rocky Balboa (2006) and the conclusion of Rocky’s story that I thought, ‘We don’t need to go any further with it.’ I dismissed his idea.” But it was the director’s persistence that led him to reconsider.
24. Michael B. Jordan was born in 1987, 2 years after the fictional death of Apollo Creed.
25. Ryan Coogler wanted to uphold the series’ father/son theme. “It’s a sport where you need to lean on other people,” the filmmaker said. “You see fighters have this bond with their trainer. We saw it with Tyson and Cus D’amato. We saw it with Rocky and Mick. It’s a very special bond. We wanted to capture that.”
26. The first draft of the script was 204 pages and was trimmed down, with the ending changing several times. Two different conclusions for the film were shot.
27. The first movie not featuring the characters of Paulie (played by Burt Young) and Apollo’s former trainer Tony “Duke” Evers (played by Tony Burton), and the second not featuring Talia Shire as Adrian (although flashbacks of Adrian did appear in Rocky Balboa (2006)).
28. This is the first film in the Rocky saga in which Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) will not be fighting. He will be the mentor and trainer of Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan).
29. Tessa Thompson worked with Ryan Coogler to make sure her role was more than just that of the love interest. “Ryan really wanted to show a girlfriend character in the context of a sports movie that was complicated, that had her own life and own dreams,” the actress said. “I think that’s something we hope women can relate to.”
30. Portraying Rocky’s physical deterioration was a humbling experience for Sylvester Stallone. “When you sit in the chair and you come as one person and then you open your eyes an hour and a half later and you’ve been transformed to a person who’s not healthy… it’s very relatable,” the 69-year-old said. “This is what people live through every day… it made me definitely realize the clock is ticking.”