Read here 15 fun and interesting things you must know about the up and coming movie “Finding Dory”!
1. “Finding Dory” is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures.
2. “Finding Dory” will be focused on the amnesiac character Dory, and will explore the idea of her being reunited with her family.
3. The film will take place six months after the events of Finding Nemo and will be set off the coast of California.
4. The Script was left over from Disney’s defunct circle 7 animation.
5. It is a sequel to the 2003’s “Finding Nemo”. Andrew Stanton, who directed the original film, will return as writer and director, alongside Angus MacLane as the co-director.
6. Andrew Stanton was given the reins to this animated sequel, thanks in part to the live-action failure that was John Carter. Disney lost over $200 million on the film that was poised to be another smash hit for the movie studio.
7. Ellen DeGeneres is Returning as Dory.
8. “Finding Nemo” was the 2nd-highest grossing film for 2003, earning a total of $921 million worldwide.
9. “Finding Nemo” was named as the 10th greatest animated film ever made by the American Film Institute in 2008. It also holds a 99 percent fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes and an average rating of 89 on Metacritic. Famed movie critic Roger Ebert gave the film four stars.
10. It will be released on June 17, 2016.
11. Andrew Stanton has worked on a bunch of Disney Pixar films. Andrew Stanton’s movie work is pretty vast, as he’s co-wrote every Toy Story and Monsters Inc. film entry. He also wrote and directed A Bug’s Life (co-director), Finding Nemo, WALL-E, and John Carter.
12. DeGeneres hyped the film on her show.
13. Ellen DeGeneres (voice actor for “Dory”) posted this picture of one of the film’s first images on her Instagram.
14. In a press release for the film, Ellen DeGeneres spoke about her excitement for the film: “I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time. I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating Toy Story 16. But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”
15. Dory is a very optimistic, kind, ditzy but forgetful fish. This is due to the fact that she suffers from short term memory loss, which is implied to have frustrated her friends and family to the point that they left her.