You can read them in the list below!
1. Trainwreck is a 2015 American romantic comedy film directed by Judd Apatow and written by Amy Schumer.
2. Principal photography began on May 19, 2014 in New York City.
3. The film stars Schumer and Bill Hader along with an ensemble cast that includes Tilda Swinton, Ezra Miller, Brie Larson, Colin Quinn, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena and LeBron James.
4. Some of Trainwreck is based on her childhood. “I was a little fearful,” says Schumer of writing her dad Gordon’s battle with multiple sclerosis into the comedy’s story line. “It’s a disease a lot of people don’t know anything about but a lot of people have,” says Schumer, who was a kid when he was diagnosed. “I knew I was going to write about my dad and our relationship and how [with MS] you don’t know what’s going to happen – and that’s pretty unfair.”
5. The film premiered at the 2015 South by Southwest Film Festival on March 15, 2015, and was released theatrically in the United States on July 17, 2015, by Universal Pictures.
6. Trainwreck grossed $110.2 million in North America and $29.3 million in other territories for a total gross of $139.5 million, against a budget of $35 million.
7. Jon Brion composed the music for the film.
8. One fact that producer Barry Mendel was trying to stress was this is not another Bridesmaids. This is a romantic comedy and not a wedding comedy. It’s only similar to Bridesmaids with its message that the answers to life’s problems do not come from settling down or getting married. Those answers come from within. Schumer’s character is battling the societal push to become one of the “Stepford Wives”.
9. Trainwreck also marks Apatow’s first New York movie, an experience his four time producer, Barry Mendel (Funny People), calls invigorating. The whole crew is different including Director of Cinematography Jody Lee Lipes (Tiny Furniture, Girls), and the Production Designer Kevin Thompson (The Bourne Legacy).
10. Apatow is taking full advantage of the New York backdrop allowing multiple real world locations with very few constructed sets. The film’s finale takes place at Madison Square Garden.
11. The idea of Trainwreck was discussed for over two years with Judd Apatow. The original draft of the script was written over a month and half. Schumer confessed to us that she wrote the script with Apatow in mind to direct. So in her writing of the screenplay, she wrote in things that would attract him to the project.