The fact that someone can be shocked at the case of a woman murderer does not mean that women murderers are not many, but that those women are relatively less than men murderers.
Below there’ s a list of eight sensational female murderers from History:
- Marie Manning, a Swiss domestic servant, born in 1821, who was sentenced to death.
- Constance Kent from England, born in 1844, who confessed to the murder of her four-year-old brother.
- Belle Gunness, a Norwish wife and mother, born around 1870s. She used to kill er victims with strychnine or a meat cleaver, then dismember their bodies before burying them.
- Dagmar Overbye, a Danish businesswoman, born around 1900s. She confessed to have killed more than 16 babies.
- Jane Toppan, admitted to have killed 31 people and having been proud of her killings.
- Mary Ann Cotton back in 1870s was found guilty of the death of her stepson and was promptly hanged.
- Amelia Dyer, a trained nurse from England, born in 1837, arrested for having murdered infants.
- Tillie Klimek, a psychic from Chicago, attempted the murder of her husband around 1920s.
(Image by mentalfloss.com)