Italian food is so popular all around the world…
Italian cooking is worldwide and some of the greatest chefs are form Italy.
I mean come on who doesn’t love pizza and pasta?
These are some facts you should know:
- Italian food started to form after the fall of the Roman Empire, when different cities began to separate and form their own traditions.
- Bread and pasta were created through the centuries and people used all kind of techniques and preparation.
- Every city in Italy is known for a specific kind of food.
- Milan is known for , its risottos, Bologna is known for its tortellini and Naples is famous for its pizzas.
- Italian cuisine has a great variety of different ingredients.
- Olive oil is the most commonly used vegetable fat in Italian cooking.
- Pesto, a Ligurian sauce made out of basil, olive oil and pine nuts, and which can be eaten with pasta or other dishes such as soup.
- Pasta is categorized in two basic styles: dried and fresh.
- Four or five courses are typically contained in Italy.
- Antipasto is a course that comes ‘’before the meal”, hot or cold, usually consisting cheese, ham, and bread appetizers.
- If you hear the word Dolce it means that someone is bringing desert! Yummy!
- In Italy wine is commonly consumed in meals.
- Pizza is an Italian tradition! You will find it in a lot of countries but you know that the original is in Italy.
- Spaghetti ,rigatoni, fusilli and lasagna are some of the varieties of pasta.
- Tomatoes are a typical part of Italian cuisine, but only entered common usage in the late 18th century.
- Italian cuisine is generally characterized by its simplicity, with many dishes having only two to four main ingredients.
- Mozzarella di bufala is a dairy product traditionally made from buffalo milk in southern Italy.