Sara Sampaio is a Portuguese model best known for being a Victoria’s Secret Angel. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Sara Pinto Sampaio.
2. She was born 21 July 1991.
3. She won Portuguese Golden Globes in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016 for Best Female Mode
4. Sara was discovered at the age of 15, but was not allowed to compete in modeling competitions until the age of 16.
5. At the age of 16, she won a hair modeling contest in Portugal called Cabelos Pantene 2007.
6. After the contest, she had the chance to be in a commercial in Portugal.
7. Off the success of the contest and commercial, she was signed to an agency, however due to her strict parents, she had to finish high school before becoming professional.
8. After completing high school, Sara attended the University of Lisbon.
9. She attended part-time because she was not allowed to be homeschooled.
10. While in Lisbon, she got a part-time job as an editor until she had the opportunity to go international.
11. Sara’s dream was to work for Victoria’s Secret. After her agency sent in headshots, she was asked to audition. However, did not make it onto the Fashion Show.
12. She would continue to pursue the runway though and would make her debut at the 2013 VS Fashion, where she would walk in one segment.
13. Her sophomore performance in 2014 would see her walk in two segments.
14. In 2015, she was chosen as one of the newest angels for the 2015 runway, and in December of the same year, she walked for the brand, for the first year as an angel.
15. On 24 October 2016, it was announced that Sara would be walking with the other Angels in the 2016 Fashion Show in Paris, France.
16. She has been featured prominently in television ads for Axe body spray in the United States. In 2012, she was chosen for the cover of the April edition of Portuguese Vogue and to be the face of the international advertising campaign for Calzedonia Mar, Summer 2012, which was photographed by Raphael Mazzucco in Greece and Jamaica.
17. She was the face of Calzedonia again in 2013, 2014 and 2015. She also appeared in the Replay Fall/Winter 11/12 campaign, alongside Irina Shayk, in the Blumarine Fall/Winter 11/12 campaign, with Adriana Lima and in the Armani Fall/Winter 11/12 campaign.
18. In 2013, she appeared in the first edition of the year of the Portuguese GQ, where she was presented as the “eighth wonder of the world”.
19. She appeared in Rosa Cha 2013 campaign alongside Barbara Palvin.
20. She has appeared in the 2014 and 2015 editions of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition and won the “Rookie of the year” award in 2014
21. Sara Sampaio has been on the cover of L’Officiel, Vogue, Marie Claire, Glamour, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, GQ, Telva, etc.
22. In 2015, Maxim honored the 20th anniversary of the brand Victoria’s Secret and included Sampaio on the list “The 20 Most beautiful Angels of All time”.
23. In 2016, Sampaio walked for: Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier, Balmain, Mugler, Emanuel Ungaro, Giambista Valli, Redemption, Miu Miu, Tommy Hilfiger, Tory Burch, Jeremy Scott, Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferreti, Francesco Sconamiglio, Phillipp Plein, Moschino, Ermanno Scervino, Dolce & Gabbana, Missoni and even closed Sportmax. In May she got her first cover in the United States, photographed by Gilles Bensimon to Maxim.
24. She believes everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin no matter shape or size. For this reason, Sara has spoken out against skinny shaming, and mentioned in an interview that the amount of hate that her and other Victoria’s Secret models experience is ridiculous. She says that “every body is different and every metabolism is different”. The model was part of “The Perfect Body” VS campaign that was later changed to “A Body for Everybody”