Jessica Stam is a Canadian model. She is considered to be part of the crop of models described as “doll faces”. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Jessica Stam was born on 23 April 1986.
2. Stam was born in Kincardine, Ontario, and grew up on a farm alongside her six brothers. She came from a religious family and attended Sacred Heart High School in Walkerton, Ontario.
3. Her original intention was to become a dentist.
4. Stam was discovered in a local Tim Hortons coffee shop by Michèle Miller (an agent at the International Model Management agency in Barrie, Ontario) who found Stam on the way back from Canada’s Wonderland (a theme park just outside Toronto)
5. Stam won the Los Angeles Model Look contest in 2002.
6. Photographer Steven Meisel jump-started her career and soon after cast her in every advertisement campaign of his.
7. In 2004, Stam appeared in the short film Agent Orange.
8. She was sued by New York Model Management, because of a breach of contract.
9. Fashion designer Marc Jacobs created The Marc Jacobs Stam, a bag inspired and named after her.
10. Stam walked a total of 64 shows combined during the New York, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks in 2006.
11. In January 2006, she appeared in the Rochas ad campaign, shot and directed by Bruno Aveillan. Stam fell at the Chloé Fall 2006 show in Paris, while wearing “ridiculously high patent-leather pumps” that got caught on each other as her feet crossed on the runway. Her fall received millions of views on YouTube and took first spot on the “Top Five Runway Falls” list by New York Magazine.
12. For the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2006, she opened the first “Pink” segment ever. Her appearance also included a featurette showing a Victoria’s Secret commercial shoot and what a model sees when walking the runway.
13. She was presented , along with nine other models, on the May 2007 cover of American Vogue as one of the “World’s Next Top Models.”
14. During Paris’s Spring/Summer 2007 Haute Couture fashion week, she walked for Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Christian Dior, Givenchy, and Jean Paul Gaultier. In July 2007, earning at an estimated total of $1.5 million in the previous 12 months, Forbes named her fifteenth in the list of the World’s 15 Top-Earning Supermodels.
15. Currently, she stars in campaigns for Bulgari, Dior, Lanvin and Escada. She also appears in the F/W 2007 Christian Dior, DKNY, Miss Sixty, Loewe and Roberto Cavalli ad campaign.
16. She has also walked in the 2006, 2007, and 2010 Victoria’s Secret fashion shows. For F/W 08, Stam can be seen in ads for Giorgio Armani’s “Onde” fragrance, Dolce & Gabbana and Bulgari.
17. The Wall Street Journal featured Jessica Stam in their article on “How to Walk Like a Model” and taught a DKNY intern her runway moves.
18. She returned as the face of Bulgari and in March 2009 she appeared on the cover of Tokyo Numéro. She starred in the fall Fendi campaign, shot by Karl Lagerfeld.
19. She starred in Nina Ricci’s new floral fragrance named Ricci Ricci for summer 2009.
20. Stam guest starred in Season 1, episode 4 of CW’s The Beautiful Life.
21. She was chosen to model the Nina Ricci spring 2010 campaign.
22. In 2011, Stam was named the face of CoverGirl, teaming up with makeup artist Pat McGrath for the brand’s new Lip Perfection campaign.
23. Stam is placed on a list of “Industry Icons” by models.com, “Icons” being defined as models having “at least 8+ years at blue chip level under their belts” and “still currently working”.
24. Stam hosts Yahoo!’s fashion show The Thread, and Marc Jacobs pre show.
25. In 2012 Stam partnered with Many Hopes and Adopt Together to help foster kids in the US and street kids in coastal Kenya. On 30 May 2013, Stam represented Peacejam as an “ambassador” at the 2013 Social Innovation Summit held at The United Nations Plaza.
26. Stam previously dated then-New York Rangers hockey player Aaron Voros, DJ AM, and Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers.