Brangelina, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are one of the most famous couples in the world. Let’s see some interesting facts about the couple!
1. Angelina Jolie and Brat Pitt met on the set of the film “Mr & Miss Smith”.
2. Brad Pitt was then still married to actress Jennifer Aniston.
3. They split three months later and his relationship with Angelina Jolie went public.
4. Angelina Jolie became a mum for the first time when she adopted a baby boy from Cambodia in March 2002.
5. Originally named Rath Vibol, Angelina re-named her adopted son Maddox Chivan after she adopted him from his orphanage in Battambang, Cambodia.
6. Although Angelina was married to fellow actor Billy Bob Thornton at the time and they announced the adoption news together, Angelina formally adopted Maddox as a single parent. The couple split three months after the adoption was finalised.
7. In 2005, Angelina decided to adopt her second child, an Ethiopian girl named Zahara. The baby girl was born on January 8, 2005, and adopted by Angelina when she six months old.
8. Although Angelina’s relationship with Brad has just begun, Angelina adopted Zahara as a single parent (even though Brad was present at the paper signing), but has hinted in the past that her and Brad decided to do it together.
9. In January 2006, Brad officially adopted Angelina’s two children Maddox and Zahara and their surnames were changed to Jolie-Pitt.
10. A few months later Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie announced that they were expecting their first biological child together soon after Brad’s adoption of Maddox and Zahara was finalised.
11. Angelina gave birth to a daughter they named Shiloh Nouvel on May 27, 2006, in Swakopmund, Namibia.
12. The first pictures of Shiloh were allegedly sold for $4 million to american magazine, People, and $3.5 million to the UK’s magazine, Hello! The picture fees were donated to an undisclosed charity of Brad and Angelina’s choice.
13. Shiloh has grown up to be quite the little tomboy, despite her glamorous mum and girly sister Zahara.
14. After insisting that her family call her John, Shiloh also likes to wear boys clothes – with dad Brad recently splashing out $10,000 on boys clothes for her!
15. In March 2007, Angelina and Brad decided to adopt again for the third time. This time round, it was a 3-year-old Vietnamese boy named Pax Thien.
16. Angelina Jolie announced another pregnancy during the Cannes Film Festival in 2008.
17. The couple did confirm later on that they were expecting twins and they arrived into the world on July 12, 2008 at the Lenval hospital in Nice, France. The boy and girl twins were named Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline (in honour of Angelina’s mum Marcheline Bertrand who died in 2007).
18. The twins, who look the spitting image of their big sis Shiloh and the first pictures of twins fetched a whopping $14 million – the most expensive celebrity baby pictures ever. Again, the fees were donated to charity – this time to the Jolie/Pitt Foundation.
19. Brad Pitt and Angelina worked together on camera three times. The first was when they met and fell in love, at the movie Mr and Miss Smith. The second time was at Mighty Heart (2007), directed by Michael Winterbottom, in which Jolie played Mariane Pearl, wife of missing journalist Daniel Pearl – a role in which she was controversially required to wear makeup to play a woman of partly Cuban descent. It was not a very successful film, though undoubtedly a seriously intended one, and clearly something to which both Pitt and Jolie were committed.
20. The third film was, By the Sea (2014). A 1960s-style portrait of a marriage which is set in the south of France, and which appeared indebted to Antonioni’s L’Avventura and Stanley Donen’s Two for the Road.
21. Brangelina got engaged on 2012 and they god married on 2014.
22. On September 20, it was announced that Angelina Jolie filed for divorce.
23. Although the real reason of the divorce is still unknown, there have been rumours that Brad Pitt was cheating on Angelina Jolie with the famous french actress Marion Cottilard.