1. Stephen Adam Amell was born on May 8, 1981.
2. He is a Canadian actor.
3. He is best known for portraying Oliver Queen / Arrow / Green Arrow in the television franchise known as the Arrowverse (based on the comic character of the same name) and will portray Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
4. Amell appeared in two episodes of the fourth season of Queer as Folk as the Liberty Ride spinning instructor in 2004.
5. Amell played Adam in the first season of the television series Dante’s Cove; he was replaced in the second season by Jon Fleming.
6. In 2007, Amell won a Gemini Award for his guest-starring role on ReGenesis.
7. The same year he was also nominated for a Gemini Award in the Best Ensemble Cast Category for Rent-a-Goalie.
8. He had recurring roles in the TV series Da Kink in My Hair and Heartland.
9. On December 3, 2010, Amell joined the cast of The Vampire Diaries as werewolf ‘Brady’ for season 2.
10. Amell starred as Joran van der Sloot in the Lifetime film Justice for Natalee Holloway which originally aired in May 2011.
11. On October 2, 2011, season 3 of HBO’s series Hung premiered with Amell starring as busboy-turned-prostitute Jason, a younger rival “ho” to Thomas Jane’s Ray Drecker. He also appeared as Jim in the fourth season of 90210.
12. Amell announced on October 28, 2011 that he had just finished filming the Christmas episode of New Girl with Zooey Deschanel and Max Greenfield.
13. On November 9, 2011, Amell was announced for the recurring role of Scottie, a paramedic on ABC’s Private Practice.
14. He also plays the role of Travis in Blue Mountain State.
15. In January 2012, Amell was cast as the title character in The CW series Arrow, a re-imagining of the comic-book character Green Arrow.
16. On March 31, 2015, Amell joined the film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows as vigilante Casey Jones, which will be released on June 3, 2016.
17. As an avid professional wrestling fan, Amell had long campaigned for a guest appearance on WWE’s weekly Raw program, when in late May 2015 it was reported that he was tentatively set to wrestle Stardust at WWE’s SummerSlam pay-per-view on August 23, 2015.
18. First child, daughter Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell, was born, October 15, 2013, with wife Cassandra Jean.
19. He has played the same character (Oliver Queen / Green Arrow) in four different television series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014), Vixen (2015) and Legends of Tomorrow (2016).
20. He is the second Canadian actor to portray Casey Jones in a live action Ninja Turtles film.
21. Amell has hosted a number of successful fundraising campaigns via the crowd funded merchandise platform Represent.com.
22. In 2014, Amell partnered with the charity Fuck Cancer to raise almost a million dollars with the release of a T-shirt featuring his face on the front (with a Post-it note on his forehead, and featuring the organization’s name). He ended up selling over 60,000 shirts from this campaign.
23. In January 2015, Amell launched his second Represent.com campaign featuring a word he made up, Sinceriously, to benefit two mental health charities: Paws and Stripes, and Stand For The Silent.
24. In August 2015, Amell used his guest appearance on WWE Raw with Stardust to raise funds via his third campaign for children’s hospice Emily’s House in Toronto. The campaign raised $300,000, and Amell and Stardust presented a check together at Emily’s House.
25. Amell was born in Toronto, Ontario.
26. Amell married actress and model Cassandra Jean on December 25, 2012 in a private ceremony in the Caribbean, and for a second time in New Orleans on May 26, 2013.
27. The couple have a daughter, Mavi, born in 2013.
28. Growing up, Amell was a fan of various local sporting teams, such as the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Toronto Raptors and the Toronto Blue Jays. Amell is still very involved with the sports; he often jokes with fans telling them to skip Maple Leafs games and watch Arrow when the team faces a tough opponent, and recently, Amell campaigned to have Jays’ third baseman Josh Donaldson elected to the 2015 all-star game.
29. He’ll soon be playing another vigilante. This time around he’ll be Casey Jones, admittedly a slightly different take on what a vigilante is. He’ll once again be covering his face, only this time with a hockey mask, while a hockey stick is his weapon of choice, giving him the look of a seriously crazy sports fan whose team just took a beating from their closest rivals, so he’s going to get really drunk and then go looking for revenge. He reportedly got the role not because of his vigilante experience, but because of his chemistry with Megan Fox when he auditioned.
30. He owns a wine company. After a hard day’s night running around Starling City and beating up bad guys, Amell probably deserves the chance to relax with a glass of wine. So much so that he started his own company. Nockingpoint Wines was started in 2013 by Amell and his friend Andrew Harding, producing wine from a vineyard in Walla Walla, Washington. It was on a road trip from LA to Oakland that Amell visited wine-country for the first time, and led to the pair dreaming up Nockingpoint. The company takes its name from an archery term, and there are further references in the names of the wines, which include Wicked Aim, New Bow, and Vigilante Red among the nine varieties offered, while some of the labels were designed by DC Comics artist Jim Lee. Some of the profits, meanwhile, go towards Amell’s charity work…