1. Tremblay was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, on October 5, 2006.
2. He is the younger brother of Emma Tremblay and the older brother of Erica Tremblay.
3. His made his feature film debut in 2013 for The Smurfs 2.
4. That year, he appeared in an episode each of the television shows Motive and Mr. Young.
5. He is a Canadian actor.
6. He played the on-screen son of Brie Larson in the 2015 film Room.
7. He began acting at the age of five.
8. He was cast in 2016 films called Shut In, Burn Your Maps and The Book of Henry.
9. His breakout performance came for starring as Jack Newsome in Room (2015), for which he received critical acclaim and won the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer and was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role.
10. He was raised in the nearby city of Langley, British Columbia.
11. He attended Gordon Greenwood Elementary.
12. His father, Jason Tremblay, is a police detective, and his mother, Christina Candia Tremblay, is a homemaker.
13. Tremblay’s older sister, Emma, and younger sister, Erica, are also film actors.
14. In 2013, Tremblay made his film debut playing one of the lead roles as Blue Winslow in the live-action animated film The Smurfs 2, alongside Neil Patrick Harris. The film was directed by Raja Gosnell and released on July 31, 2013 by Columbia Pictures.
15. Tremblay has a supporting role in the psychological thriller Shut In, co-starring Naomi Watts and Oliver Platt. Farren Blackburn directed the film, which is scheduled for a June 17, 2016 release.
16. He has a lead role in the horror film Before I Wake, starring opposite Kate Bosworth and Thomas Jane, set for release on April 8, 2016.
17. He will then portray Wes Firth in the adventure comedy-drama Burn Your Maps, starring alongside Vera Farmiga and Marton Csokas. The film, directed by Jordan Roberts, will be released in 2016. Tremblay will then appear in The Book of Henry, directed by Colin Trevorrow.
18. His acceptance speech at the Critics’ Choice Awards was aww-some. Standing on a box to accept the best young actor/actress award, Tremblay was impossibly sweet. “This is super cool, this is the best day of my life,” he said. “I first want to say thank you to all the critics who voted for me, it must have been super hard because of all the great actors in this category.” “I know where to put this,” the Star Wars fan added. “On the shelf right next to my Millennium Falcon.”
19. He made Brie Larson cry at the Golden Globes. Moments after Eddie Redmayne announced Brie Larson’s name as the winner for best actress at the Golden Globes, the cameras cut away from her to the cherubic-looking Tremblay, who had hopped onto his chair in a fit of excitement. During her speech, Larson said Tremblay is “half of this award, half of my performance”. And then later, she admitted Tremblay made her well up when he greeted her after her win: “He came and tackled me after I won, which made me cry. A lot.”
20. He has amazing Twitter and Instagram accounts. His Instagram page is a cavalcade of cuteness (as is his Twitter). As an illustration, on the day Room was nominated for four Oscars, he posted this photo of himself sitting on a balcony in a little gentleman’s outfit, holding a massive (empty) mug and reading the book by Emma Donoghue from which the film is adapted.
21. He has a “hot dad”. Tremblay’s father first set hearts aflutter when he accompanied the rising star to the 27th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala a few weeks back. But it was his appearance at the Golden Globes that really got the internet swooning, with Twitter ablaze with adulation. Tremblay senior is a police detective in Canada and is happily married to Jacob’s mother, with whom he has two other children.
22. He could be a Jedi in waiting. Colin Trevorrow, whom he worked with on The Book of Henry, is directing Star Wars: Episode IX, due for release in 2019. Asked if Treverrow might find him a Jedi role, Tremblay told the Toronto Sun: “It’s possible. It’s really, really possible. It’s extremely possible.”