Miley Cyrus was this year’s host at the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s a list with 5 interesting facts about her according to vogue.com.
1. Cyrus actually got her acting start on her father’s Christian medical drama, Doc. Her first feature film role came in 2003, when she made a cameo appearance in Big Fish. She landed her breakout role on Disney’s Hannah Montana in 2006, but her father expressed his trepidation about her entering show business.
2. When Cyrus started cultivating a new, edgier persona in 2013, she hired Britney Spears’s previous manager, Larry Rudolph. She then finished her album deal with Disney’s Hollywood Records and signed with RCA Records, which would release her fourth studio album, Bangerz.
3. Miley Cyrus’s godmother is Dolly Parton.
4. Her infamous 2013 VMA performance was, apparently, far more symbolic than most viewers may have realized. She recently told the New York Times that it was all about her self-exploration period of life.
5. Cyrus reportedly tattooed an equals sign on her ring finger in support of gay marriage. In a recent interview, Cyrus told British Elle that she identifies as pansexual.