You can read them in the list below!
1. After some guest appearances in mid-1980s television, it was his intention to enroll at the University of Southern California before he was offered the lead role of Chazz Russell in Second Chance, and became noticed on the acting scene. Perry originally starred alongside Kiel Martin when the series premiered in 1987, but after 13 episodes, the format changed: Second Chance became Boys Will Be Boys, Perry was elevated to top-billing status, and the plots re-focused on the adventures of Chazz and his teenage friends. Despite the shift, the show ran for only one season. When it concluded, Perry stayed in Los Angeles and made a guest appearance on the television program Growing Pains in which he portrayed Carol’s boyfriend who dies from injuries in the hospital sustained in a drunk driving accident.
2. Matthew grew up in Canada and has duel citizenship Canada and the USA
3. His full name is Matthew Langford Perry. He spent his childhood in Canada after his parents got divorce.
4. Matthew loves the show “Lost”.
5. He actually dated Yasmine Bleeth in 1996-97.
6. Matthew has 4 younger sisters and 1 younger brother
7. The first time he ever got onto the cover of “People” magazine he sent it to one of his old teachers, Dr. Web, who said he would never amount to anything if he kept joking around all the time.
8. He Used to be ranked nationally in junior tennis in Canada. He has said on interviews that he tried to play in the States but he wasn’t good enough.
9. The top part of his right middle finger is missing since his grandfather accidentally closed a car door on his finger.
10. He is the youngest cast member of Friends.
11. He himself is quite funny. He was the only person among 6 main leads of F.R.I.E.N.D.S who was allowed to sit with the writers.
12. Matthew is a supporter of the Lili Claire Foundation and has acted as host for their benefits
13. Matthew’s wit is so legendary that directors often used his gags and suggestions on the show.
14. He was addicted to alcohol and drugs. He himself confessed, ” I did and I felt better than I ever felt in my entire life. I had a big problem with pills and alcohol, and I couldn’t stop.”
15. Matthew loves the Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, and LA Kings.
16. When auditioning for the part of Chandler Bing, he didn’t need a script because he knew the pilot by heart. He had been helping a friend with the part before auditioning himself.
17. His father, John B. Perry, was a guest star on F.R.I.E.N.D.S playing the father of Rachel’s boyfriend Joshua in “The One With Rachel’s New Dress”.
18. His father John Bennett Perry was the Old Spice Guy in the 70’s.
19. Matthew Perry was so close to turning down the role Chandler Bing on Friends because he was on a Pilot for a TV show called LAX 2194.
20. Chandler was written as a character who was awkward around women because Matthew Perry told producers that he himself was.
21. Matthew’s favorite movie is Ground Hog Day.
22. Matthew’s favorite beverage (which he says he drinks way to much of) is Sugar Free Red Bull.
23. Matthew’s favorite song is “Don’t Give Up” by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.
24. He played the father of Zac Efron’s character in the 2009 film 17 Again.
25. In 2006, he received Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for his leading role in the TV movie The Ron Clark Story.
26. Matthew became part of a video game when he voiced a character in the video game Fallout New Vegas.
27. He also played lead roles in the films Fools Rush In and The Whole Nine Yards and starred in the short-lived TV series Mr. Sunshine, Go On and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
28. He made is stage debut in London in the play “Sexual Perversity in Chicago” in 2003.
29. In 2015, he began starring on the CBS sitcom The Odd Couple.
30. Matthew has a twitter account follow him @MatthewPerry.
31. Perry completed a 28-day program in 1997 for a Vicodin addiction. His weight fluctuated drastically over the next few years and once dropped down to 145 pounds (66 kg). He lost 20 pounds in 2000 because of pancreatitis.
32. His mother, Suzanne Marie Morrison (née Langford), is a Canadian journalist and former press secretary to Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, and his father, John Bennett Perry (born 1941), is an American actor and former model.
33. Perry completed a 28-day program in 1997 for a Vicodin addiction. His weight fluctuated drastically over the next few years and once dropped down to 145 pounds (66 kg). He lost 20 pounds in 2000 because of pancreatitis.
34. Perry dated actress Julia Roberts from 1995-1996, Lauren Graham in 2003.
35. Matthew Perry was born in Williamstown, Massachusetts.
36. Perry was raised by his mother in Ottawa, Ontario, and was enrolled at Rockcliffe Park Public School and Ashbury College.[
37. Perry received a Champion of Recovery award in May 2013 from the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy for opening Perry House, a sober living home situated in his former mansion in Malibu, California.
38. His parents divorced before his first birthday and his mother subsequently married Keith Morrison, a broadcast journalist.
39. Born in 1969, Matthew Perry grew up in Ottawa and Los Angeles. His acting career began in 1988 with a role in a small film opposite River Phoenix.
40. A 75 year old woman ran a stop sign and smashed into the side of Matthew’s BMW. Neither party was injured.
- 20 amazing facts about Monica and Chandler from “Friends”! (List)
- 48 fun facts about Courteney Cox! (List)
Update // 18 Dec 15 // Bonus Fact:
It is rumored that Matthew Perry and Courteney Cox (aka. our beloved former Friends couple) are dating!!! It all started after a fan of Friends tweeted a side-by-side paparazzi photo of Courteney and Matthew having lunch next to a still of their characters, Monica and Chandler, from an episode of the show, writing, “Matthew looks at Courteney the same way Chandler looks at Monica and I don’t know what to do with myself.”