Read them here!
1. Her full name is Victoria Caroline Beckham. Her maiden name is Adams.
2. Victoria first met David Beckham, who was the star football player for Manchester United at the time, in 1997 after he asked to be introduced to Victoria as he had a crush on her! The couple were quickly dubbed ‘Posh and Becks’ and became the new celebrity power couple. The couple got married 4 months after the arrival of Brooklyn in 1999.
3. She was engaged to Mark Wood before Becks swept her off her feet.
4. Her grandparents kept exotic pets: “I didn’t actually meet the penguin or the monkey…it was when my mom was young.”
5. She was born April 17, 1974 in Harlow, Essex and raised in Goffs Oak, Hertfordshire.
6. She earned the name Posh Spice as her dad used to drop her off at school in their swanky Rolls Royce.
7. In 1994, Beckham joined the all-female group, the Spice Girls. In the recordings before her marriage, she is credited with her maiden name as Victoria Adams. The group’s first single was called “Wannabe” (1996), and she worked alongside Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm.
8. Beckham began a relationship with Corey Haim in 1995, which ended on mutual terms.
9. She is the first of three children born to Jacqueline Doreen (née Cannon), a former insurance clerk and hairdresser, and Anthony William Adams, who worked as an electronics engineer.
10. Before they were Spice Girls, Victoria “Posh” Beckham, Emma “Baby” Bunton and Geri “Ginger” Halliwell all auditioned to be Jet Girl in the 1995 cult hit Tank Girl. Actress Naomi Watts landed the role.
11. Her parents are still crazy in love: “My parents have been together for years and years and years. They’re very happy. My mom and dad still sit in front of the TV and hold hands, which is really really sweet. They’ve always been great parents.”
12. Beckham attended St. Mary’s High School in Cheshunt, where she was embarrassed by her family’s wealth and often begged her father not to drop her off outside the school in their Rolls Royce.
13. What Her Nickname “Posh” really means: “What Posh actually stands for, is when people used to travel abroad on boats. It stood for Port Out and Starboard Home…but in England, if you go to a nice restaurant, it’s a ‘posh’ restaurant, or if you have nice clothes, they’re ‘posh’ clothes.”
14. In 1982, Victoria’s mother took her daughters to watch the film Fame. Victoria was 8 year old child who said that she decided to be like Coco who perfectly danced, looked gorgeous even with wild fizzy hair and sang fantastically well.
15. Her first atelier was the school bathroom: “I’ve always loved fashion. At school, I used to do a little bit of customizing the school uniform in the toilets at lunchtime.”
16. In 1980, she watched the musical film Fame and subsequently made the decision to pursue a musical career.
17. Eventually, she became a member of a band called Persuasion.Persuasion consisted of 3 persons: two boys and Victoria. The most memorable song from those times is “Be the One”. Their band sang songs in different disco clubs. Being involved in this group one day Victoria found out a small ad for another group.
18. Although it might be hard to believe given her svelte frame – Victoria was a bit chubby when she was growing up. She recalls being called a “fat puppy” by her mother which led to her be self conscious of her weight from a very young age.
19. Before becoming a big star, she held several jobs. She had an experience of working as a promo model for a national newspaper Daily Mirror. She had to wear tight pants, boots and a small T-shirt. Victoria also worked at a perfume counter at a big department store.
20. Ever since she was young at school, she’s always had a posh streak in her. Instead of weary the typical school backpack to carry her books, she used a Gucci handbag.
21. Victoria and David wed in a lavish ceremony at the Luttrellstown Castle. The wedding ceremony saw them sitting on golden thrones and allegedly cost Posh and Becks around £500,000.
22. The couple bought what became their most famous home for £2.5 million in 1999, the property, which is set in 24 acres (9.7 ha) of land, was given a £3 million renovation and was subsequently dubbed Beckingham Palace by the media.
23. Victoria admitted at the time that she was surprised she fell pregnant by accident during a Spice Girls tour, as she had previously suffered from Polycystic Ovaries (PSCOS).
24. Posh admitted that she suffered terrible morning sickness while on tour and she also revealed that her pregnancy cravings included craved pickled onions, marmite on toast and fruit pastilles.
25. Victoria and David welcomed their first baby, a boy named Brooklyn, in March, 1999, at the Portland Hospital, London. Baby Brooklyn weighed 7lbs and was born via an emergency caesarean apparently because Brooklyn’s head wasn’t properly engaged.
26. Her first date was at McDonald’s:”He was the first boy to ask me out at school because I really wasn’t popular with the boys. They weren’t interested in me.”
27. She auditioned for the role of Lara Croft in the 2001 film, Tomb Raider, but lost out to the one and only Angelina Jolie.
28. Elton John and David Furnish are reportedly the godparents of Brooklyn and Romeo, and their godmother is Elizabeth Hurley.
29. Her first big fashion purchase: “I bought Patrick Cox shoes when I got my first paycheck from the Spice Girls. They were white slingback Wannabes. I queued up outside Patrick Cox on a Saturday afternoon with my sister.”
30. After Brooklyn’s birth, Victoria lost a lot of weight, which drew criticism. “After Brooklyn was born I lost a lot of weight. From being Podgy Spice pre-Brooklyn I had become Skeletal Spice. What upset me was that I ate like any normal person, but I lost weight,” Victoria said at the time.
31. How he proposed: “We were in a hotel up north and he got down on one knee and he proposed. He asked my dad before he did that, which was great and very appropriate.”
32. On walking the Roberto Cavalli runway: “I remember phoning my mom and saying ‘I’m really nervous. I’m walking in this fashion show.’ She said to me: ‘You’ve been walking for 30 years; if you haven’t been able to get it by now, well….'”
33. On meeting husband David: “Simon was a huge Manchester United fan. He introduced me and David after the game…What I really liked about David right from the start is that when all the other players were in the lounge afterward having a drink with their friends, David was sitting with his mom and dad and his younger sister. I really liked that. I’m really close to my family, he’s very close to his and I just thought that was really nice.”
34. On designing an affordable collection: “I’d like to offer clothes to people that can’t or don’t want to pay designer prices. I really want to make women feel great and be empowered. I still want to reach out to that customer. It’s just figuring out who to do it with and when to do it.”
35. The original name for the Spice Girls: “We were going to be the Spicy Girls, but then…there was a porn site called the Spicy Girls. So we had to change it, because obviously that wouldn’t have been very good.”
36. Her and David’s joint wealth is estimated at a cool £190 million.
37. Her favourite film is Grease.
38. The first and last time we saw her crack a smile was when she and David announced their engagement in January 1998.
39. She has two tattoos dedicated to David – his initials on the inside on her left wrist and a star on her lower back.
40. She had a cameo appearance on Ugly Betty in 2007.