Read them here: 1. Alicia Vikander was born October 3, 1988, in Gothenburg, Sweden to Maria Fahl Vikander and Svante Vikander.
2. She had a role in the dance film The Rain.
3. She has five siblings.
4. Vikander’s big-screen debut in “Pure” (2009), however, earned the young actress even more praise. Vikander won the Rising Star Award at the Stockholm Film Festival as well as an honor at the Berlin International Film Festival for her role.
5. Next up was “A Royal Affair” (2012), opposite Mads Mikkelsen. The production of the film nearly stalled because they couldn’t find the right actress for the part. When the casting directors eventually found Vikander — a Swedish native — they gave her two months to successfully learn Dutch for the role. To master the language, the actress had her mother’s Dutch friend record all of her lines for “A Royal Affair” onto her iPhone, so she could practice.
6. Her mother is a stage actress, while her father is a psychiatrist.
7. Her birth name is Alicia Amanda Vikander.
8. After wrapping up the shooting of Anna Karenina, she was cast in the fantasy film The Seventh Son, starring Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore.
9. Vikander also took to the stage as a youngster, ultimately studying ballet at the Royal Swedish Ballet School in Stockholm for nine years. After several injuries, however, she decided to pursue acting.
10. She appeared in several musicals like Les Miserables and The Sound of Music at the Gothenburg Opera.
11. Trained at the Royal Swedish Ballet School in Stockholm Vikander.
12. She kicked off her acting career with several short films and television roles in Sweden. Before long, she became well known in Scandinavia for her role in “Andra Avenyn” — a popular Swedish TV drama.
13. She won the Rising Star Award in 2010 at the Stockholm Film Festival and a Guldbagge Award for Best Actress for her role as Katarina in the 2010 Pure movie.
14. She played Levin’s love, Kitty, in Joe Wright’s Oscar-nominated adaptation of Anna Karenina in 2012. S
15. She played lead in the feature film Crown Jewels.
16. As for her personal life, Vikander is currently dating fellow actor Michael Fassbender.
17. In 2015, she gained public recognition for her starring roles in the films Testament of Youth, Ex Machina and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
18. Swedish audiences came to know her as Jossan Tegebrandt Björn from the soap opera Andra Avenyn.
19. She mentioned in an interview that when she read Anna Karenina at age 15, she was very judgmental of the character of Kitty, who she was cast to play.
20. Her parents are from small villages in the north and south of Sweden, respectively.
21. Her parents separated when Vikander was five months old. She was mostly raised by her single mother.
22. While growing up, Vikander says she got the best of both worlds, being an only child to her mother and being surrounded by a big family when she went to her father’s house every second week.
23. Vikander was named as one of the 10 Actors to Watch: Breakthrough Performances of 2012 at the 20th Hamptons International Film Festival.
24. She became well known in Scandinavia for her role in the popular Swedish TV drama Andra Avenyn.
25. The film A Royal Affair where she starred was subsequently nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 85th Academy Awards.
26. Her dance career was sidelined by injuries in her late teens and she ended up auditioning for drama school but was turned down-twice.
27. Was nominated for BAFTA Rising Star Award in 2013.
28. Was the recipient of the Editor’s Choice Award at the 2013 Elle Style Awards.
29. Vikander starred as the Artificial intelligence Ava in Alex Garland’s directorial debut Ex Machina, opposite Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac. Vikander’s performance was nominated for Best Actress at the 2015 Empire Awards.
30. She also had the leading role of Erika in the Swedish film Hotell, for which she awarded the Marrakech International Film Festival Award for Best Actress by jury president, director Martin Scorsese.
31. Vikander portrayed painter Gerda Wegener in Tom Hooper’s The Danish Girl. The film premiered at the 72nd Venice Film Festival and is scheduled for a 27 November 2015 release.
32. As of 2015, Vikander lives in London.
33. When asked who she’d like to work with in the future, Alicia Vikander marked out directors Lars Von Trier, Terrence Malick and Quentin Tarantino as those she’s hoping to collaborate with at some point in her career.
34. Vikander is busy elsewhere, too; namely in being the new face of fashion brand Louis Vuitton.