You can read them in the following list: 1. Christian Bale was born on January 30, 1974, in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
2. Christian Charles Philip Bale was born on January 30, 1974.
3. His first acting role was in 1982 in a commercial for fabric softener Lenor.
4. He spent his childhood in Wales but like to call himself as English. He had stated once ”I was born in Wales but I’m not Welsh – I’m English.”
5. His father David Bale was a former commercial pilot and mother Jenny was a circus performer.
6. He was handpicked by director Mary Harron to star in the 2000 movie “American Psycho.”
7. In 1983 he starred as a child rock star in Pac-Man cereal commercial.
8. He admitted to having a crush on Drew Barrymore when she visited her god father Steven Spielberg at the sets of “Empire of the Sun” in 1987. He was thirteen and she was twelve.
9. He has three sisters – Erin Bale – a musician, Sharon Bale – a computer professional and Louise Bale – a director/actress.
10. His grandfather was a stand-up comedian and children’s entertainer.
11. He was warned by many that acting in “American Psycho” would be a career suicide, but it only made him more eager to do it.
12. He met his wife through actress Winona Ryder, as Jenny is the personal assistant to the actress.
13. He is married to Sandra Blazic, a former model, make-up artist. The couple has two children: a daughter Emmaline, and son Joseph.
14. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California with his family.
15. To portray as Patrick Bateman, he took inspiration from Nicholas Cage’s performance in “Vampire King” (1998).
16. He was among the 4000 other auditioners for the role of Jim Graham in “Empire of the Sun.” Steven Spielberg chose him for the role.
17. This movie marks his first physique transformation for the characters he is to portray. The other movies include “Reign of Fire,” “The Machinist,” “Batman” series and “Rescue Dawn.”
18. He earned critical acclaim for his performance in movie and first ever “Best Performance by a Juvenile Actor” award.
19. He is an avid animal lover. He has two dogs and three cats as his pets. All of them strays that he found.
20. In 2004, he lost 63 pounds for the role of Trevor Reznik in the movie “The Machinist.” The director Brad Anderson did not order Bale to reduce such a vast amount of weight for the character Reznik, however he was shocked and excited on looking at Bale on the first day of the shoot. His diet consisted of an apple per day and a can of tuna. He took up smoking to help himself curb appetite when crash dieting. He faced many problems due to extreme weight loss. He found running very difficult as he lacked muscles in his legs.
21. He is the second actor after Michael Keaton to play Batman in more than one live action movie.
22. Bale performed all his stunts himself, however he was not allowed anywhere near the Batmobile.
23. In a scene when Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine greet him at his bed, he actually fell asleep after getting ready for the scene. Michael Caine poked his ribs to wake him up and said,” Look at that! He’s bloody fallen asleep.”
24. He is the youngest actor ever to portray the role of Batman.
25. He auditioned for the role of Jack Dawson in “The Titanic” in 1997 and almost got it.
26. He auditioned for the role of Will Turner in the “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of Black Pearl, which eventually went to Orlando Bloom.
27. He was a huge fan of Terminator movies before being cast as John Connor in Terminator Salvation.
28. He was considered for the role of James Bond in the movie Casino Royale but lost to Daniel Craig.
29. He was chosen as one of the 100 sexiest stars in the film industry by Empire Magazine in 2007.
30. He played Dicky Eklurd in the movie “The Fighter” in 2010 alongside Mark Wahlberg. For the role he lost 30 pounds.
31. He received Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor and Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He received 30 other awards for his performance in 2011.
32. He along with his wife supports environmental groups such as “Greenpeace” and “World Wildlife Fund.”