Read them here!
1. She was born as Renee Zellweger on April 25, 1969 in Katy, Texas.
2. Her debut film should have been “My Boyfriend’s Back” during her college days. She acted a bit part as a beauty shop girl but unfortunately, the scene got cut.
3. She received Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for “Jerry Meguire.”
4. She joined hands with Tommy Hilfiger to raise money for Breast health Institute. They designed handbags for the cause.
5. She completed her graduation in BA English from University of Texas in 1991.
6. She is a descendant of Norwegian, Finnish, Swiss and Sami ancestry.
7. She attracts attention on all award shows for her dress, designed by her close friend of 15 years Carolina Herrera.
8. In 2006 list of “Top 100 Celebrities” by Forbes, she was placed at #72.
9. She married singer Kenny Chesney on May 9, 2005. However, in September 2005 they obtained annulment. She cited fraud as the reason for the split and later clarified that fraud was a legal language and not about his character.
10. She was chosen among the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 2003 by People Magazine.
11. She took part in HIV prevention campaign by Swiss Federal Health department in 2005.
12. During her junior high school days she actively participated in various sports activity such as soccer, Basketball, Baseball and Football.
13. Her breakthrough role was in the movie Jerry Meguire in 1996 alongside Tom Cruise.
14. In the same year she was named as “Hollywood’s Next Wave of Stars,” by Vanity Fair.
15. In the Vanity magazine Joe Leydon had stated that Zellweger is the most formidable scream queen since Jamie Lee Curtis.
16. She received Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance in the movie “Love and a.45.”
17. During her time in Katy high school she was a Gymnast, cheerleader and was a member in drama clubs and teams.
18. She appeared on the cover of a magazine for the first time in September 1997 on “Vanity Fair.” Later she appeared on “Vogue,” “Detour,” “Allure” and “Harper’s Bazaar.”
19. Her interesting in acting was sparked when she took drama course as an elective during her graduation days. In the same period she also acted in a beer commercial “Coors Light” and earned her SAG card (Screen Actors Guild).
20. She is one of the founders of “The Great Initiative” that works towards gender equality.
21. For her performance in both “Price Above Rubies “ and “One True Thing” she was nominated for Best Actress at the 64th New York Film Critics Circle Awards.
22. Zellweger had admitted that it was too long before she was cast in this movie, during which time she did not have enough money to withdraw from ATM.
23. Zellwege’sr role in “Jerry Meguire” was initially offered to Jabeabe Garofalo if she could lose weight. When she did trim down, it had been too late.
24. She played the character Sonia Horowitz in the movie “Price Above Rubies” who finds it difficult to cope with the restrictions imposed by the community.
25. She co-starred with Jim Carrey in 2000 movie “Me, Myself and Irene” which was a commercial success grossing $149,270,999 worldwide.
26. In 2000 she got engaged to Jim Carrey, but their relationship did not move further.
27. She won the nomination for Best Actress at Academy Awards, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and Golden Globe Award for her performance as Bridget Jones.
28. She won Golden Globe Award for Best Actress Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.” When her name was announced during the ceremony she was in the bathroom.
29. In 2001 she was cast as Bridget Jones in the movie “Bridget Jones’s Diary” alongside Hugh Grant and Colin Firth.
30. She gained 20 pounds for her roles as Bridget Jones. During the casting she was told that she was too skinny to play the chubby character. She worked in a British publishing firm “Picador” to enhance her English accent for the role. She worked undercover for three weeks.
31. She starred as Roxie Hart in the acclaimed musical movie “Chicago” co-starring Catherine Zeta Jones, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah and John C. Reilly. She also starred as Ruby Thewes in the war drama “Cold Mountain” co-starring Nicole Kidman and Jude Law.
32. She won Women in Film Crystal Award for “Bee Movie.” She was nominated for Best Actress at Academy Awards and BAFTA Awards and won her second Golden Globe Award for Best Actress Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.