You can read them in the following list!
1. Cate was born in Melbourne, Australia. She studied at the Melbourne University in Australia. She graduated from the National Institute of Dramatic art of Australia in the year 1992. She was good at studies.
2. She studied Economics and Fine Arts at the University of Melbourne.
3. Not many people are aware that she lost her father at an early age of ten because of heart attack. Her father was an executive in an ad firm.
4. Catherine élise “Cate” Blanchett is an Australian actress.
5. She was ranked at 31st spot in the Empire magazine survey for 100 ‘Sexiest Stars in Hollywood’. In the year 1999, she was chosen in 50 ‘Most Beautiful People’ by the Peoples magazine.
6. A six-time Oscar nominee, she has also received nominations for Notes on a Scandal (2006), Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) and I’m Not There (2007).
7. Cate Blanchett is one of only six actresses to win Academy Awards in both leading and supporting acting categories, and the only Australian to win two acting Oscars.
8. Blanchett’s other notable films include The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-03) and The Hobbit trilogy (2012-14), Babel (2006), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014), Cinderella (2015), and Carol (2015).
9. Cate Blanchett has received critical acclaim and many accolades, including two Academy Awards, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and three British Academy Awards.
10. Ιn 2013, she starred as Jeanette “Jasmine” Francis in Woody Allen’s Blue Jasmine, for which she won numerous accolades including the Academy Award for Best Actress.
11. Her portrayal of Katharine Hepburn in Martin Scorsese’s 2004 film The Aviator brought her critical acclaim and many accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, making her the only actor to win an Oscar for portraying another Oscar-winning actor.
12. Cate Blanchett has been awarded the Centenary Medal for Service to Australian Society by the Australian government.
13. Cate Blanchett has also had an extensive career on stage and is a four-time Helpmann Award winner for Best Female Actor in a Play.
14. In 2014, she was presented with a Doctor of Letters by Macquarie University in recognition of her extraordinary contribution to the arts, philanthropy and the community, her third honorary degree from major Australian institutions.
15. Cate has an older brother and a younger sister. Her brother works in the computer sector while her sister works as a theater designer. Both work in different fields and are not inclined towards movies.
16. Cate Blanchett was appointed Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government in 2012.
17. She is the middle of three children, with an older brother, Bob, who is a computer systems engineer, and a younger sister, Genevieve, who works as a theatrical designer.
18. Blanchett and Upton have three sons: Dashiell John (born in 2001), Roman Robert (born in 2004) and Ignatius Martin (born in 2008), with the couple adopting baby girl Edith in early 2015. Blanchett and Upton met and wed in 1997.
19. Cate Blanchett came to international attention for her role as Elizabeth I of England in Shekhar Kapur’s 1998 film Elizabeth, for which she won the BAFTA Award for Best Actress, the Golden Globe Award, and earned her first Academy Award for Best Actress nomination.
20. Her father, Robert DeWitt Blanchett, Jr., a Texas native, was a United States Navy petty officer who later worked as an advertising executive.
21. Cate Blanchett became a spokesperson for and the face of SK-II, the luxury skin care brand owned by Procter & Gamble, in 2005.
22. Blanchett’s husband is playwright and screenwriter Andrew Upton.
23. When Blanchett was ten, her father died of a heart attack, leaving her mother to raise the family on her own
24. Blanchett said that she and her husband had been wanting to adopt ever since the birth of their first child.
25. Blanchett’s ancestry includes English, some Scottish, and remote French.
26. Cate Blanchett had a penchant for dressing in masculine clothing, and went through goth and punk phases during her teenaged years, shaving her head at one point.
27. Cate Blanchett played the role of Ophelia in an acclaimed 1994-95 Company B production of Hamlet directed by Neil Armfield, starring Rush and Richard Roxburgh, and was nominated for a Green Room Award.
28. Cate Blanchett has described herself as being “part extrovert, part wallflower” during childhood.
29. In 1993, Blanchett was awarded the Sydney Theatre Critics’ Best Newcomer Award for her performance in Timothy Daly’s Kafka Dances and won Best Actress for her performance in Mamet’s Oleanna, making her the first actor to win both categories in the same year.
30. In 2015, Madame Tussauds unveiled a wax figure of Blanchett draped in a recreation of the Valentino Garavani dress she wore to the 2005 Academy Awards ceremony.