Read them here!
1. Meg Ryan was born in Fairfield, Connecticut, the daughter of Susan Jordan (née Duggan), a former actress and English teacher, and Harry Hyra, a math teacher.
2. Meg Ryan was born as Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra on November 19, 19661. She is an American actress and film producer.
3. In 1994, Ryan won Harvard’s Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year, and People Magazine dubbed her one of “the 50 most beautiful people in the world.”
4. In 1997, she appeared in Addicted to Love and in 1998, she appeared in You’ve Got Mail.
5. Meg Ryan appeared in a Burger King commercial.
6. Ryan’s parents were both raised in Fairfield.
7. Meg Ryan has two sisters, Dana and Annie, and a brother, the musician Andrew Hyra, a member of the band Billy Pilgrim.
8. She played Sally in When Harry Met Sally. Harry was played by Billy Crystal.
9. Her mother Susan Hyra had appeared in a television commercial and later briefly worked as an assistant casting director in New York City. She supported and encouraged her young daughter’s acting studies.
10. She married Dennis Quaid in 1991, and the couple welcomed their son Jack in 1992. They divorced in 2001. She adopted a daughter named Daisy from China in 2006.
11. In 1986, she played Carole Bradshaw, the wife of Naval Flight Officer Nick “Goose” Bradshaw (played by Anthony Edwards) in Top Gun. Ryan starred in the film Innerspace with her future husband Dennis Quaid, then in the remake of D.O.A. and in The Presidio.
12. She starred in Kate & Leopold with Hugh Jackman.
13. Her parents divorced in 1976, when she was 15 years old.
14. Meg Ryan has Polish, Irish, and German ancestry.
15. Her first leading role was the romantic comedy film When Harry Met Sally… (1989), which paired her with comedic leading man Billy Crystal.
16. Meg Ryan was raised a Roman Catholic and attended St. Pius X Elementary School in Fairfield, where her mother taught sixth grade.
17. Hyra” is a Polish surname, and “Ryan” is her maternal grandmother’s maiden name.
18. In Luis Mandoki’s When a Man Loves a Woman (1994), a romantic social drama film also starring Andy Garcia, she played an alcoholic high-school guidance counselor. The film and her performance were both well received by critics.
19. When she registered herself with the Screen Actors Guild, she used the surname “Ryan”, her grandmother’s maiden name.
20. During college, she acted in television commercials to earn extra money.
21. Ryan has supported the Democratic Party, especially its environmental protection programs and initiatives.
22. In 2000, she became involved with Russell Crowe on the set of Proof of Life.
23. In 2003, she supported Wesley Clark’s campaign for U.S. president.
24. A famous haircut by Sally Hershberger was named “Meg” in honor of Ryan, since she was the first one to have it.
25. Meg Ryan appeared opposite Kevin Kline in Lawrence Kasdan’s French Kiss, a romantic comedy that catered to her “America’s Sweetheart” image, and Ryan was awarded the Women in Film Crystal Award.
26. Quaid and Ryan have one child together, Jack Quaid, born April 24, 1992.
27. In 1995, critic Richard Corliss called her “the current soul of romantic comedy.”
28. Meg Ryan and her good friend Tom Hanks have been co-stars in three movies as love interests: Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) and You’ve Got Mail (1998).
29. Meg Ryan ranked #57 in Premiere (USA) magazine’s “The 100 Most Powerful People in Hollywood” list.
30. Ryan announced in October 2013, that she would be returning to television to produce and star in a new comedy for NBC revolving around a former hotshot New York editor.