Read them here!
1. Singer and actress Demi Lovato was born on August 20, 1992, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Lovato’s mother, Dianna Lovato, was a former country music recording artist and Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.
2. Demi was bullied as a kid at school and as a result asked her mom to be homeschooled after seventh grade.
3. She received her high school diploma through home-schooling in 2009, a year before her anticipated graduation date.
4. Her full name is Demetria Devonne Lovato.
5. Later, she auditioned for Disney’s Camp Rock and Sonny With A Chance on the same day, and got both parts.
6. Demi Lovato was the star of her own Disney Channel television show called Sonny with a Chance. She started this show in 2009, filming 16 episodes for the first season.
7. Demi was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico August 20 1992, but raised in Dallas Texas.
8. Demi’s half-sister, Madison De La Garza, is famous too; she’s best known for being on Desperate Housewives as the daughter of Eva Longoria’s character Gabi. She also has a younger sister, Dallas Lovato.
9. She is 5′ 3½” (1.61 m) tall.
10. She is part Mexican, Irish, Italian and English.
11. She knows how to play the piano and guitar.
12. In 2008, Lovato covered the Academy Award-nominated song, “That’s How You Know” from Enchanted on the DisneyMania 6 album.
13. Demi’s mom, Dianna Hart De La Gaza, is a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and country music singer.
14. Lovato didn’t have things handed to her. It took Lovato two tryouts at Disney before she was cast in As the Bell Rings, according to the Wall Street Journal.
15. Her role model is Kelly Clarkson.
16. She’s got “Stay Strong” tattooed on her wrist which help her stay positive.
17. She started singing at a young age. The first time was at a kindergarten talent show where she sang “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion.
18. The bullying she suffered as a young teen, she has admitted that she developed emotional problems and an eating disorder. This happened midway through touring with The Jonas Brothers, causing her to pull out and see help in 2010.
19. Demi has a tattoo on her right side which says “You Make Me Beautiful”.
20. She was the 2000-2001 Mini Miss Texas.
21. She went to Applebees for her Sweet 16.
22. The first concert she ever went to see was by Carlos Santana.
23. In 2011, she said she has a bipolar disorder.
24. Demi began acting at age 7 and met her long-time friend Selena Gomez on the set of Barney & Friends.
25. In 2012, she won a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Pop Artist.
26. She is allergic to cats, some dogs and pine trees.
27. Her favorite colors are black and red.
28. She can quote every line from the movies Mean Girls and Girl, Interrupted.
29. She loves heavy metal music.
30. In 2012, she became the new ambassador for Secret’s “Mean Stinks” campaign, encouraging girls to “gang up for good” to end bullying in schools.