You can read them in the list below!
1. Her full name is Kate Garry Hudson.
2. She knows how to speak French.
3. Kate has 3 dogs: Clara (a Pomeranian), Doctor (an English bulldog), and Bella (a Neapolitan mastiff).
4. Kate was born on April 19, 1979 in Los Angeles California.
5. Hudson’s breakthrough was as Penny Lane in Cameron Crowe’s Almost Famous (2000), for which she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
6. Hudson is of Italian (from her paternal grandmother), English, Hungarian Jewish, German, as well as very distant Dutch descent.
7. She is the daughter of Academy Award-winning actress Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson, an actor, comedian, and musician.
8. Kate’s parents divorced eighteen months after her birth; she and her brother, actor Oliver Hudson, were raised in Snowmass, Colorado, and Pacific Palisades, California, by her mother and her mother’s long-time boyfriend, actor Kurt Russell.
9. She doesn’t have a close relationship with her biological father and has said he “doesn’t know me from a hole in the wall”, and that she considers Russell to be her father.
10. She loves music and can play the guitar and piano.
11. Her sunny, charming persona was best captured in the hit comedy How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days opposite Matthew McConaughey.
12. She graduated from Crossroads, a Santa Monica performing arts school, in 1997.
13. Singer Sarah Hudson is her cousin.
14. Kate is good friends with Casey Affleck since they met on the set of 200 Cigarettes in 1999.
15. She was named one of the ’50 Most Beautiful People in the World’ by People Magazine.
16. Hudson married Chris Robinson, the frontman for The Black Crowes, on December 31, 2000 in Aspen, Colorado. Hudson gave birth to their son, Ryder Russell Robinson, in January 2004.
17. Not only is she an actress, but she started production company Cosmic Entertainment in 2003 with Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell and her brother.
18. She is very close with her mother. at age 15, Goldie Hawn asked her if she had sex. “When I said ‘yes,’ that I’d already lost my virginity to a boy I was just mad for, she was supportive.”
19. Hudson and Robinson come up with their son’s first name after noticing that every time Robinson ended a concert with his song “Ride,” the baby would bounce around in Hudson’s womb.
20. Sticking with her love for musicians, she began dating Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy in 2010.
21. Kate loves to buy clothes from vintage stores and likes to make her own jewelry. Her favorite fashion style is boho-chic.
22. She has also dated athletes including Lance Armstrong and Alex Rodriguez.
23. Kate is a huge fan of Bette Davis.
24. She practices Buddhism just like her mother.
25. She was raised Jewish.
26. Kate turned down the part of Peter Parker’s girlfriend Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man (2002) for the role of Ethne Eustace in The Four Feathers (2002).
27. As a child, her brother used to tease her and call her “Hammerhead” (as in hammerhead shark).
28. Her son Ryder’s middle name, Russell, is an homage to her mother Goldie Hawn’s longtime partner Kurt Russell, whom Kate always considered to be her father.
29. She’s a free-spirit. “I’m a hippie at heart. I wear the clothes, and they’re the best. And the music is incredible, too.”
30. On raising her boys: “I want my sons to respect women, and that starts with me. If a man respects his mom, you know she’s done something right.”