You can read them in the list below!
1. Actress Melanie Griffith was born to The Birds star Tippi Hedren in 1957.
2. As a young girl, Griffith worked in modelling and TV commercials, making her film debut in 1975’s Night Moves.
3. More roles followed, the most notable being 1988’s Working Girl.
4. Griffith was married four times to three actors: Don Johnson (1975, 1989), Steven Bauer (1982) and Antonio Banderas (1996).
5. Her father, Peter Griffith, was a former actor turned advertising executive, and her mother, Tippi Hedren, was an actress best known for her roles in Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds and Marnie.
6. Griffith’s parents divorced when she was 4 years old, and she moved to Los Angeles where she was raised by her mother and her mother’s second husband, television producer Noel Marshall.
7. Her most notable film is 1988’s Working Girl.
8. In 1963, Griffith’s mother began working with Alfred Hitchcock, and although the legendary director fell in love with her, she rejected his advances. Months later, on her sixth birthday, Melanie Griffith received a typically eerie gift from Hitchcock—a small wooden coffin containing a wax replica of her mother wearing her costume from The Birds.
9. She wed Miami Vice star Don Johnson twice, and married Antonio Banderas in 1996.
10. Griffith began modeling and appearing in television commercials as an infant, but quickly abandoned her career as a child model due to her extreme shyness.
11. She attended the Hollywood Professional School, where she excelled at academics, skipping a grade and graduating at the age of 16.
12. At age 14, Griffith began dating the then-22-year-old actor Don Johnson, moving in with him later that same year.
13. Her breakthrough role came as the female lead in the 1986 romantic thriller Something Wild.
14. Then, in 1988, Griffith gave her most acclaimed performance to date as ambitious secretary Tess McGill in Mike Nichols’ film Working Girl.
15. In 1974 Griffith attended what she thought was a modeling audition but turned out to be an audition for a small role in Arthur Penn’s 1975 film Night Moves.
16. In 1975, when Griffith was 18 years old, she and Johnson married. Their union quickly erupted in turmoil, however, and the couple struggled with addiction to alcohol and cocaine.
17. As Griffith’s acting career began outshining Johnson’s, the couple also confronted jealousy issues. Griffith and Johnson divorced in 1976 after only one year of marriage.
18. Griffith regained control of her life when she began dating actor Steven Bauer—whom she met on the set of the 1981 TV movie She’s in the Army Now—and they moved to New York together. Living with Bauer in New York, Griffith sobered up and began taking acting classes under Stella Adler.
19. Griffith’s performance won her the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
20. Griffith and Bauer divorced in 1987, and she returned to a life of alcoholism and drug addiction.
21. Griffith checked into the Hazelden Addiction Treatment Center in Minnesota.
22. After leaving rehab, Griffith reunited with ex-husband Don Johnson. They remarried in 1989, and in October of that year Griffith gave birth to their daughter, Dakota. However, after Johnson indulged in several well-publicized bouts of drunkenness and infidelity, the couple divorced again in 1996.
23. Almost immediately after she split from Johnson, Griffith married Antonio Banderas, her co-star in the 1995 romantic comedy Two Much.
24. The two had a daughter, Stella, born in 1996, and in 2002 the couple received the Adler Angel award for their extensive charity work.
25. In 2014, after 18 years of marriage, Griffith and Banderas called it quits.
26. After several tumultuous marriages and repeated struggles with alcoholism and drug addiction, Griffith is living a healthy lifestyle, and once again enjoying consistent acting work.