You can read them here!
1. At school, Natalie Dormer was head girl, a first class student, vice-captain of the school netball team, and traveled the world with her school’s public speaking team.
2. She has a brother, Mark, and a sister, Samantha.
3. Dormer was born in Reading, Berkshire.
4. Though Margaery Tyrell will be in Game Of Thrones for the foreseeable future, Dormer has vowed to avoid nudity to focus on her career as an actress who has more to show than her nipples.
5. Dormer has joined Emma Watson in the fight for gender equality and has suggested that the term feminism should not be used to infer female superiority over men; but to equalise all gender roles amongst men and women. Unfortunately the supposed ‘woman is superior’ element of feminism is still a stigma that has made the word somewhat dirty now.
“[…] It really is crazy that the word “feminist” can have negative connotations in 2014. It upsets me that the younger generation of women think it’s a dirty word, and associate it with a kind of militantism or a sense of female superiority. It’s not. It just means liberation, and equality.”
6. She had a minor supporting role in the 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger with Chris Evans.
7. Dormer has revealed that she has based Tyrell’s character on two very influential women of her generation: Kate Middleton and Michelle Obama.
8. Natalie Dormer has said that she was the victim of bullying while at school, but “still to this day [she] can’t place why”.
9. Natalie Dormer describes herself as the “academic hopeful” of the family and was provisionally offered a place to study history at Cambridge; but, in her A-level History exam, she did not achieve the A grade she needed to attend.
10. She admires the classics. Margaery says her biggest inspirations as an actress are some women who haven’t graced a screen in decades. She tells Vanity Fair, “I love watching the old movies. I love Katharine Hepburn. I just adore her and everything that she stood for. I find it interesting watching the likes of Gene Tierney and those classic movies of the 40s … As an actress, I think it’s important to look back and realize that we aren’t always quite as original as we think we are.”
11. Natalie Dormer is English.
12. She is best known for her roles as Anne Boleyn on the Showtime series The Tudors, as Margaery Tyrell on the HBO series Game of Thrones, Irene Adler and Jamie Moriarty on the CBS series Elementary, and as Cressida in the science-fiction adventure films The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 and Part 2.
13. She’s good with a sword. Natalie is an avid fencer, and was a member of the London Fencing Academy.
14. Natalie Dormer has been nominated for Best Performance at the Gemini Awards for her work in The Tudors.
15. She plays poker. Much like Margaery, Natalie digs games of strategy. She tells the Daily Mail, “I love poker! … A lot of boys in my poker circle are mathematicians who play on probability. I don’t have that kind of brain, so I rely on instinct.”
16. Natalie Dormer has also been nominated for a Screen Actor’s Guild Award for her performance in Game of Thrones.
17. She’s worked odd jobs. Before becoming an actress, Natalie had jobs as a bartender, an usher, and a temp. Talk about a renaissance woman!
18. Six months after graduating from Webber Douglas, Dormer won the role of Victoria in Casanova. This was her film debut and it was released in 2005. The director, Lasse Hallström, was so impressed with Natalie Dormer’s comedic timing that he had the script writer expand her part.
19. She played Irene and Jamie in Elementary.
20. After the filming of Casanova, Dormer was out of work for nine months, which she ascribes to “bad representation”.
21. In March 2013, she played the Lady Door in the radio play of Neverwhere, based on the novel by Neil Gaiman.
22. Natalie Dormer has stated that Cate Blanchett has been an influence in her career as an actress.
23. Dormer and Byrne met in Dublin while filming The Tudors in 2007.
24. Natalie Dormer is a mezzo soprano singer.
25. Since 2011, Natalie Dormer has been engaged to Anthony Byrne.