Learn them here!
1. She had light auburn hair as a kid.
2. Her childhood nickname was “Little Monkey”.
3. She danced for 25 years, and when asked if she still keeps up with her talent, she said: “It’s always sort of there, which is really wonderful. It takes you a little bit, maybe a few classes or a few hours, to get your body back to where you’re in dancing shape, but it’s always sort of right there for me. It’s kind of right under the surface.”
4. She almost became an ice skater instead of a dancer.
5. She joined Pi Beta Phi at the University of Southern California.
6. She met her husband, Channing Tatum, on the set of ‘Step Up’. They met while filming the 2006 dance flick, in which she played an uptight dancer and Tatum was a teen who vandalized her school.
7. The couple married in 2009 in Malibu.
8. In 2013, they welcomed a daughter to the world, named Everly, and Dewan-Tatum’s priorities shifted.
9. She had a recurring role on the short-lived television series, The Playboy Club, with actress Amber Heard.
10. She told Us Weekly about her new role, saying, “The things that used to maybe worry [me] … [were] replaced by just caring and being there for this little baby.”
11. At her high school, back in Texas, she was a varsity cheerleader and prom queen.
12. Even after years of marriage, Dewan-Tatum still finds her husband “pretty damn sexy.”
13. She lived in seven cities before the seventh grade.
14. She started as a backup dancer for Janet & joined her at strip clubs. At the time, the 19-year-old accompanied Janet Jackson to strip clubs, after their performances.
15. She was employed as a back-up dancer for artists such as *NSYNC, Pink, Missy Elliot and Ricky Martin.
16. Dewan-Tatum played Adam Levine’s wife in American Horror story. Their first scene involved having sex on a rusty table.
17. She actually had snake-like bodypaint applied to make it clear that millions of snakes, lizards, alligators, crocodiles, and other reptiles are killed for their skins for the fashion industry.
18. Her first drinking experience was in high school, and she told Vulture: “My first go at drinking did not go so well. [Laughs.] I ended up getting sick in front of everybody. You know that Ginuwine song “Pony”? It was playing at the party while I was getting sick. My entire senior year, everyone sang that around me. For a year. I would like that erased from my memory.”
19. She’s into animal rights.
20. She was in Christina Aguilera’s 2010 music video, “Not Myself Tonight”.
21. She goes without makeup, but she always curls her eyelashes. It helps her look more awake.
22. She can’t sleep without a sleep mask.
23. She watched every episode of New Girl while nursing.
24. She enjoys a good flea market.
25. She feels most relaxed in Hawaii.