Read them here!
1. The Sun named Brand ‘Shagger of the Year’ in 2006, 2007 and 2008. With quotes like this it is easy to see why he has taken the title 3 times: “I like threesomes with two women, not because I’m a cynical sexual predator. Oh no! But because I’m a romantic. I’m looking for “The One.” And I’ll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time.”
2. British comedian Russell Brand suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. He has also be diagnosed with Bipolar – a condition that affects your moods, which can swing from one extreme to another.
3. He guest edited this week’s New Statesman, and his excellent 4,500 word call for revolution was published this morning. In it, he likened shaking George Osborne’s hand to “sliding [his] hand into a dilated cow.”
4. After turning up to work dressed as Osama bin Laden the day after the September 11 terrorist attacks in 2001 it is easy to see why Brand was shown the door from his MTV presenting job. Russel later said in his autobiography “What I’ve learnt – to my cost – on several occasions in my life, is that people will put up with all manner of bad behaviour so long as you’re giving them what they want. They’ll laugh and get into it and enjoy the anecdotes and the craziness and the mayhem as long as you’re going your job well, but the minute you’re not, you’re f****d. They’ll wipe their hands of you without a second glance.”
5. He loves football and has been an avid supporter of West Ham United was a child. Brand is not the only celebrity supporter of The Hammers either. The club has many famous faces that back its players, including John Cleese, Keira Knightley, James Corden, Ray Winstone and Barack Obama.
6. Russell Brand once auditioned for the boy band Five. It is now hard to imagine how he would have fit into the typical boy band group considering his less than clean cut image.
7. His speech about his mother’s battle with breast cancer at the 2008 Pride of Britain Awards was incredibly moving.
8. At sixteen years old Russell Brand took a trip to the far east with his father who he rarely spent time with. While in Hong Kong his dad took him to an establishment where they picked up 3 prostitutes and went back to their hotel room. Russell revealed in his book ‘In the course of the rest of that holiday, I had sex with loads more prostitutes’ as he and his father went on to visit Bali, Singapore and Thailand.
9. During a interview with Jeremy Paxman in October 2013 Russell Brand admitted that he had never voted in the general elections. He stated a desire to bring about change in the current political system and start a revolution that makes society fairer and distributes wealth more evenly.
10. Brand once worked as a postman, although he was not exactly employee of the month at Royal Mail. He had to say sorry for stealing from letters and birthday cards while on the job to feed his drug addiction. Apparently he only took the job in the hope of being propositioned by lonely women.
11. Russell Brand suffered with weight issues as a child as he admits openly ‘I was a fat kid, not obese but chubby.’ He considers his weight as one of the reasons he suffered from depression and the eating disorder bulimia from the age of 11. Brand said of the illness: ‘It was really unusual in boys, quite embarrassing. But I found it euphoric.’
12. Brand became a vegetarian at the age of 14 and then went the whole distance and became a vegan in 2011. PETA named Brand ‘World’s Sexiest Vegetarian’ in 2007. Brand said on his commitment to vegetarianism: “Even as a junkie I stayed true – ‘I shall have heroin, but I shan’t have a hamburger.’ What a sexy little paradox.”