Sausage Party is a 2016 American 3D adult computer animated black comedy film. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about it!
1.Seth Rogen stated that he worked for eight years to get the film made; however, the content worried most film studios and they thusly did not pick it up.
2. On September 24, 2013, it was announced that Sony Pictures Entertainment and Annapurna Pictures would partner and co-finance the film, along with Point Grey Pictures.
3. In January 2014, Rogen, Hill, James Franco and Kristen Wiig were announced as the leads in the film. The other cast includes Edward Norton, Michael Cera, David Krumholtz and Nick Kroll.
4. On April 9, 2014, Salma Hayek joined to lend her voice to the film as Teresa the Taco.
5. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 100% based on eight reviews, with an average rating of 7.4/10.
6. A red-band trailer for the film was accidentally played before a showing of the PG-rated Finding Dory at a Concord, California multiplex in mid-June 2016 which forgot to switch out an adult-audience trailer roll for one meant for G and PG-rated films when adding additional screens to carry Finding Dory to meet audience demand.
7. The incident occurred only once and the theater apologized, with Rogen tweeting that the story “made his day”.
8. The first American R-rated computer animated film in nine years, since Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007).
9. While most Pixar and other animated movies cost about $100 million to make, Sausage Party only cost under $20 million to make.
10. Nick Kroll also played a character whose nickname was ‘The Douche’ in Parks and Recreation (2009).
11. The scene where characters are spilled on the ground in the supermarket and buried in flour comically parallels the Omaha Beach landing scene in Saving Private Ryan.
12. The scene where Frank (Seth Rogen) is coughing after smoking is clearly a homage to an identical scene from Pineapple Express (2008), which is also written by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen.