Léa Seydoux is a French actress, best known for her role at the movie “blue is the warmest color”. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Léa Hélène Seydoux-Fornier de Clausonne
2. She was born on July 1, 1985.
3. She is the daughter of businessman Henri Seydoux and philanthropist Valérie Schlumberger.
4. She was born in Passy, in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, but grew up in Saint-Germain-des-Prés in the 6th arrondissement.
5. She has five younger siblings and an older sister, Camille, who works as her stylist.
6. She had a strict Protestant upbringing, but she is not religious.
7. Seydoux’s parents are both partly of Alsatian descent.
8. Her father is a great-grandson of businessman and inventor Marcel Schlumberger, while her mother is a granddaughter of Marcel’s brother, Maurice Schlumberger.
9. Léa Seydoux grew up acquainted with prominent artists such as photographer Nan Goldin, musicians Lou Reed and Mick Jagger and footwear designer Christian Louboutin.
10. For six years, Seydoux went to summer camp in America, at the behest of her father, who wanted her to learn to speak English.
11. The Seydoux family is widely known in France. Her grandfather, Jérôme Seydoux, is the chairman of Pathé, her granduncle, Nicolas Seydoux, is the chairman of Gaumont Film Company, her other granduncle, Michel Seydoux, also a cinema producer, is currently the chairman of the Lille-based football club Lille OSC; and her father is CEO of the French wireless company Parrot.
12. Despite Seydoux’s connections, her family initially took no interest in her film career and did not help her. As a child, she had no desire to act. She instead wanted to be an opera singer, studying music at the Conservatoire de Paris.
13. Léa Seydoux once worked as a model for their jewellery line Jokko.
14. Léa Seydoux says that as a child she wanted to become an opera singer, studying music at the Conservatoire de Paris, but eventually her shyness compelled her to drop the idea.
15. In 2005, Léa Seydoux appeared in the music video for Raphaël’s single “Ne partons pas fâchés”.
16. The following year, Seydoux played her first major screen role as one of the main characters in Sylvie Ayme’s Girlfriends (Mes copines).
17. She starred in Nicolas Klotz’s short film La Consolation, which was exhibited at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival.
18. In these years, she also did her first work as a model for American Apparel, posing for their Pantytime campaign and had a role in the films 13 French Street and The Last Mistress
19. Léa Seydoux first came to widespread attention in 2008, when she appeared in Christophe Honoré’s The Beautiful Person, a role that earned her the 2009 Chopard Award at the Cannes Film Festival for “Best Upcoming Actress” and a César Award nomination for Most Promising Actress.
20. Léa Seydoux auditioned to play Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but the part ultimately went to actress Rooney Mara.
21. Léa Seydoux was chosen, however, to play Gabrielle in Midnight in Paris, by Woody Allen, whom she calls one of her favorite directors of all time.
22. There was no casting – Allen was shown pictures of three French actresses and from all he chose Seydoux.
23. In 2013, Seydoux was nominated for Best Actress at the 38th César Awards for her role as Sidonie Laborde in Benoît Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen.
24. Later that year at Cannes, Blue Is the Warmest Colour won the Palme d’Or and the jury, headed by Steven Spielberg, took the unusual move of awarding the prize not just to the director Abdellatif Kechiche, but also to the film’s two stars, Seydoux and Adèle Exarchopoulos.
25. She participated in the Levi’s television advert “Dangerous Liaison”, and has been seen in several photo editorials, including for Vogue Paris, American Vogue, Numéro, L’Officiel, CRASH, Another Magazine and W magazine.
26. She fronted the 2013 campaign for French jewellery line Didier Dubot and appeared in rag & bone’s Fall 2013 campaign with Michael Pitt.
27. She also appeared in a nude pictorial for French men’s magazine Lui.
28. In addition, Seydoux and her Blue Is the Warmest Colour co-star Adèle Exarchopoulos were featured in Miu Miu’s 2014 resort ad campaign.
29. Seydoux advertised for Prada’s 2012 Resort line; and is the face of its 2013 campaign for the fragrances Prada Candy (shot by Jean-Paul Goude) and Prada Candy L’Eau (directed by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola), and the 2014 campaign for Prada Candy Florale perfume.
30. She dated Andre Meyer.