Jeremy Renner is an American actor and singer. He is best known for his role at the Avengers movie. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.He was born on January 6, 1971.
2. His full name is Jeremy Lee Renner
3. Jeremy Renner was born in Modesto, California, to mother Valerie Cearle and father Lee Renner, who managed McHenry Bowl, a Modesto bowling alley, in the 1980s.
4. His parents married as teenagers and divorced when he was ten.
5. He is the oldest of seven siblings.
6. His ancestry includes German, English, Scottish, Swedish, Irish, and Panamanian.
7. Jeremy Renner graduated from Fred C. Beyer High School in Modesto in 1989.
8. He attended Modesto Junior College, where he studied computer science and criminology, before he took a drama class as an elective and decided to pursue acting.
9. Jeremy Renner’s film debut came in 1995 when he played an underachieving student in the cult favorite National Lampoon’s Senior Trip.
10. Although the film was critically panned, he went on to guest star on two television shows, Deadly Games and Strange Luck and had a minor role in the television movie, A Friend’s Betrayal as the friend of Brian Austin Green’s character.
11. Over the next few years, Renner had guest roles in Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane (1999), The Net (1999), The Time of Your Life (1999) and Angel (2000).
12. Jeremy Renner also had a small role on an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in 2001.
13. In between acting roles, Renner worked as a makeup artist to make ends meet.
14. In 2002, Jeremy Renner had a starring role in the film Dahmer playing serial-killer Jeffrey Dahmer. He found the role a challenge to cope with after he had finished shooting after seeing how easily Dahmer took advantage of his victims.
15. His performance was well received, and he gained a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Lead Male.
16. He also appeared in Pink’s 2003 music video for her song “Trouble” as a Bad Boy Sheriff.
17. Jeremy Renner went on to appear in S.W.A.T as the former police partner of Colin Farrell’s character in 2003 and The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things in 2004.
18. In 2005, Jeremy Renner starred with Julia Stiles and Forest Whitaker in A Little Trip to Heaven, with roles in North Country and 12 and Holding.
19. He next starred as a neo-Nazi skinhead who is admitted into a psychiatric hospital in Neo Ned opposite Gabrielle Union.
20. The film won all of the awards it was nominated for at festivals, including the Palm Beach International Film Festival Award for Best Actor. Renner also had a small (though uncredited) role in skateboard film Lords of Dogtown as the manager of Emile Hirsch’s character.
21. In 2006 he starred with Ginnifer Goodwin in Love Comes to the Executioner.
22. Jeremy Renner had supporting roles in 2007 in the critically acclaimed The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford as Wood Hite, the cousin of outlaw Jesse James portrayed by Brad Pitt, and as Sergeant Doyle in 28 Weeks Later.
23. He appeared alongside Minnie Driver in Take and guest starred as a patient in an episode of House as a reckless rock musician.
24. Jeremy Renner had a role in the pilot of The Oaks but the series was not picked up.
25. After starring with Dallas Roberts in the comedy-drama Ingenious and starring in the short-lived television series The Unusuals, Renner went on to achieve critical success for his portrayal of bomb disposal expert, Sergeant William James in the 2009 Iraq war thriller The Hurt Locker (directed by Kathryn Bigelow).
26. The role earned him several awards in the Best Actor category and his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor as well a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination.
27. In 2010, Renner’s performance in Ben Affleck’s The Town alongside Jon Hamm, Blake Lively, Slaine and Michael Yebba garnered him rave reviews and his second Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
28. He also gained his first Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor and his second Screen Actors Guild nomination.
29. The Hollywood Reporter named Renner as one of the young male actors who are “pushing – or being pushed” into taking over Hollywood as the new “A-List”.
30. In 2011, Renner had an uncredited cameo appearance as Hawkeye in Thor for familiarity with his character for The Avengers, which was released in May 2012.
31. In December 2011, he starred alongside Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, the fourth installment of the Mission: Impossible series, as William Brandt, a new addition to Ethan Hunt’s team.
32. In 2012, Jeremy Renner starred as Hawkeye in the Marvel film, The Avengers.
33. The same year, he also starred in the fourth film in the Bourne franchise, The Bourne Legacy, which was written and directed by Tony Gilroy.
34. JeremyRenner starred in the action horror film Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (released in January 2013), in which he and Gemma Arterton played Hansel and Gretel, respectively. The 3-D film was set 15 years after Hansel and Gretel killed the witch who kidnapped them.
35. Jeremy Renner was also featured in the ensemble cast of David O. Russell’s dramedy American Hustle based on the controversial FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s.
36. The film, which was released in December 2013, also starred Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, and Jennifer Lawrence in principal roles.
37. The film earned much critical acclaim, including the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture and a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Picture. In October 2014, Renner starred as journalist Gary Webb in the Focus Features movie Kill the Messenger based on Webb’s book Dark Alliance. Renner also co-produced the film.
38. In 2016, Renner will star in the sci-fi film Arrival, opposite his American Hustle co-star Amy Adams, and played Hawkeye again in Captain America: Civil War.
39. In spring 2016, History announced their new historical drama, Knightfall, executive produced by Renner who is expected to guest star. It will premiere in late 2016.
40. As well as acting, Renner is a singer-songwriter, guitarist, keyboardist, and drummer. Early in his acting career, he performed in the Sons of Ben. For the soundtrack of North Country he performed “I Drink Alone”.
41. In the 2006 films Love Comes to the Executioner and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Renner performed the songs “American Pie” and “Good Ole Rebel”.
42. He also appeared in music videos for “Trouble” by P!nk and “Scenes on Sunset” by Brother Sal.
43. Jeremy Renner married Canadian model Sonni Pacheco on January 13, 2014.
44. Renner and Pacheco have a daughter, Ava Berlin (born March 28, 2013).
45. On December 30, 2014, Pacheco filed for divorce from Renner, citing irreconcilable differences.
46. They share custody of their daughter.
47. Jeremy Renner also runs a house-renovating business with his best friend and fellow actor, Kristoffer Winters.
48. In addition to acting, he studied Arnis (Filipino martial arts) and Muay Thai martial arts, mainly as preparation for his roles in the Mission Impossible and Avengers franchises.
49. Renner is a supporter of the San Francisco 49ers.
50. He narrated the NFL Network documentary series The Timeline episode “A Tale of Two Cities”, which chronicles the history of the team’s notable rivalry with the Dallas Cowboys, and the introductory video for the grand opening of Levi’s Stadium.