Jensen Ackles is an American actor and director, best known for his role on Supernatural series as Dean Winchester. Let’s see some awesome facts and trivia about him!
1.He was born on March 1, 1979 in Dallas, Texas
2. Jensen Ackels is the son of Donna Joan (née Shaffer) and Alan Roger Ackles, also an actor.
3. He has one brother, Joshua, approximately three years older, and one sister, Mackenzie, approximately seven years younger.
4. Jensen Ackleshas English, German, and smaller amounts of Scottish and Irish, ancestry. Many of his ethnic German ancestors lived in Russia.
5. Jensen Ackles had planned to study sports medicine at Texas Tech University and to become a physical therapist, but instead moved to Los Angeles to start his acting career.
6. After modelling on and off since the age of 4, Ackles began to concentrate on an acting career in 1996.
7. He appeared in several guest roles on Mr. Rhodes, Sweet Valley High, and Cybill before joining the cast of the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives as Eric Brady in 1997.
8. He won a 1998 Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Male Newcomer and went on to be nominated three times (in 1998, 1999, and 2000) for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series for his work on Days of our Lives
9. Jensen Ackles departed Days of our Lives in 2000 and went on to appear in the mini-series Blonde, about the life of Marilyn Monroe.
10. He also auditioned for the role of the young Clark Kent on Smallville, a role offered to actor Tom Welling instead.
11. Jensen Ackles returned to Vancouver (where Dark Angel was filmed) in 2004 to become a regular on Smallville playing the assistant football coach Jason Teague, who was also the newest romantic interest for Lana Lang (played by Kristin Kreuk).
12, He also had a lead role in the 2005 film Devour in which Ackles’ father, actor Alan Ackles, also had a role playing the father of Ackles’ character, Jake Gray.
13. After three years of dating, Ackles became engaged to actress, model, and gymnast Danneel Harris in November 2009.
14. They have one daughter, Justice Jay “JJ” Ackles, born on May 30, 2013
15. Jensen Ackles considers himself a non-denominational Christian.
16. He is a fan of the show he is on and admits to feeling like a kid in a candy store on getting to go hang out on set every day and watch the other actors work. Sometimes he gets so caught up in his “front row seat” for the performances he forgets to deliver his own lines, or so he jokes.
17. He played baseball and lacrosse in high school.
18. He is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
19. He actually sings really good!He sung lead vocals on two songs on the albums “Sharing the Covers” and “Christmas With Friends”.
20. He also plays guitar.
21. He was considered to played Leon Kennedy three times in Resident Evil: Extinction (2007), Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010) & Resident Evil: Retribution (2012) which went to Johann Urb.
22. He was also considered for the role of Captain America or Hawkeye! Marvel wanted him but Jensen Ackles being fully devoted to Supernatural,declined this offer and obviously never got the role.
23. He and his wife, Danneel, had roles in a movie called ‘Ten Inch Hero’This film came out around 2007 so this was before they were married, which was in 2010, but they had been friends long before this film.
24. His family has featured several times on Supernatural!
His father and sister have featured on ‘Supernatural’His father is Alan Ackles and he featured on the episode ‘Heartache’ (Season 8, episode 3) as a detective. His sister’s name is Mackenzie and she has actually featured on two episodes. The first being ‘Bloodlust’ (Season 2, episode 4) and the second being ‘Slash Fiction’ (Season 7, episode 6). His mother was an extra in one episode, and his brother, so far, has never featured in an episode.
25. So far there have only been five episodes he’s directed, but there could be more in store for him, especially if Supernatural has a twelfth season. Below are the episodes he has directed:
- ‘Weekend at Bobby’s’ (Season 6, episode 4)
- ‘The Girl Next Door’ (Season 7, episode 3)
- ‘Heartache’ (Season 8, episode 3)
- ‘Soul Survivor’ (Season 10, episode 3)
- ‘The Bad Seed’ (Season 11, episode 3)